Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo Twist refurb

Alex

I dropped my car off this morning to have all my alloys refurbed. I know the company doing it and they have an excellent reputation and are in my opinion very very reasonable on price.

I should be picking the car up tomorrow but until then here's the before photos:

aCbX3ju.jpg

zT9b0HF.jpg

KSJBEhw.jpg

Sm9clN3.jpg

w5SVw5E.jpg

1HQAFnm.jpg

3LVhzGQ.jpg

I can't believe you could actually drive the car with that centre cap placement :floor:

alex yates said:
company doing it and they have an excellent reputation and are in my opinion very very reasonable on price

Please do share as need mine doing soon
Look forward to seeing results :thumb:

kas750 said:
I can't believe you could actually drive the car with that centre cap placement :floor:

I did it in the hope it might provoke GT4 and resurrect him from the depths of the Illuminati.

alex yates said:
kas750 said:

I did it in the hope it might provoke GT4 and resurrect him from the depths of the Illuminati.

Long gone I think sadly :nooo:

I met Paul in Germany and really enjoyed the chat.
Its amazing how the internet changes things

I met Terry too who was as nice as you would imagine him to be

adamw said:
alex yates said:
company doing it and they have an excellent reputation and are in my opinion very very reasonable on price

These are the guys:

http://www.diamondrimsltd.co.uk/

Give them a call and mention me if you want. They may be able to offer you a better deal.

:damn:

Saw the title and thought 'At last, a self help grip for turbo owners addicted to power upgrades :?: '

Imagine my disappointment :sad:

Oh and good luck on the wheel refurb Alex. Any reason you didn't go with Chris at Exel Wheels? :thumb:

New997buyer said:
Oh and good luck on the wheel refurb Alex. Any reason you didn't go with Chris at Exel Wheels? :thumb:

Two reasons:

1: Local place. I dropped the car off this morning, only 10 minutes from my home and my Dad ran me back to base (love the quality time with my all time hero). I then have the excitement of using my trusted Vespa to get to work and back. God how I missed the buzzin' around on my 125cc bit of fun.

2. Well under £300 for the full monty wheel refurb on all 4 corners. Quality to be admired in my follow up post tomorrow.....with pics.

I'd love to use some of the services proudly promoted by members on here, but I'm a bit geographically challenged to warrant the distance.

Both Chris at Exel and Chris at Centre Gravity spring to mind.

:thumbs:

kas750 said:
alex yates said:
kas750 said:

I bet!

You bobbing over on Saturday to the Cheshire meet? It'd be great to see you (& Joe if he's up for it).

I'll buy you both a drink........especially if you rock up in the 914 :thumb:

alex yates said:
New997buyer said:

Two reasons:

1: Local place. I dropped the car off this morning, only 10 minutes from my home and my Dad ran me back to base (love the quality time with my all time hero). I then have the excitement of using my trusted Vespa to get to work and back. God how I missed the buzzin' around on my 125cc bit of fun.

2. Well under £300 for the full monty wheel refurb on all 4 corners. Quality to be admired in my follow up post tomorrow.....with pics.

I'd love to use some of the services proudly promoted by members on here, but I'm a bit geographically challenged to warrant the distance.

Both Chris at Exel and Chris at Centre Gravity spring to mind.

alex yates said:
adamw said:
alex yates said:

These are the guys:

http://www.diamondrimsltd.co.uk/

Give them a call and mention me if you want. They may be able to offer you a better deal.

Thanks Alex but I should have looked at yr location 1st as getting my wheels done there would be a 'geographical challenge" for me seeing as I'm way down 'soufff"

Never mind, still look forward to seeing the results and price sounds very competitive indeed :thumb:

alex yates said:
kas750 said:
alex yates said:
kas750 said:

I bet!

You bobbing over on Saturday to the Cheshire meet? It'd be great to see you (& Joe if he's up for it).

I'll buy you both a drink........especially if you rock up in the 914 :thumb:

I'll check on the weather. :thumb:

It's not looking good......according to Alex Hamilton just now.

Come down in your daily and have a brew.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back