Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200K miles 996.2 GT3

Marky911 said:
HSC911 said:
I am tempted to go to the auction and have cheeky bid...registration form completed already :grin:

:thumb:

Get it bought matey! Get it bought. :thumb:

I'd love to buy that. Wish I could.

I will try :bye:

hqdefault.jpg

Disco said:
MJA911 said:
As the ad says, it isn't a clubsport, it's been uprated to clubsport spec. I'm not expert enough to know if the specs are exactly clubsport, but the major things are there, the buckets being leather could simply be preference, maybe because of the amount of road use :dont know:

Which is of course incorrect. It has a tequipment cage and not a Clubsport one (the differences are significant, particularly given that the 996 CS cage has a front section), has leather buckets instead of nomex, lacks the fire extinguisher and the preparation to be able to fit the battery isolator kit. Too many people list these as "Clubsport spec" when actually they are actually comforts that just have the bolt in roll bar fitted.

Doesn't mean that it isn't a good buy of course, just that it isn't a Clubsport.

Agree with all the above but just one point of detail. Clubsports did not come exclusively with Nomex seats. Some first time owners decided to pay extra to have their cars specced with leather buckets - I guess leather would be considered as a more premium finish at the time. There are a handful of leather bucketed CS cars around. The original bill of sale will show the additional leather spec.

LaSource said:
Disco said:
MJA911 said:
As the ad says, it isn't a clubsport, it's been uprated to clubsport spec. I'm not expert enough to know if the specs are exactly clubsport, but the major things are there, the buckets being leather could simply be preference, maybe because of the amount of road use :dont know:

Which is of course incorrect. It has a tequipment cage and not a Clubsport one (the differences are significant, particularly given that the 996 CS cage has a front section), has leather buckets instead of nomex, lacks the fire extinguisher and the preparation to be able to fit the battery isolator kit. Too many people list these as "Clubsport spec" when actually they are actually comforts that just have the bolt in roll bar fitted.

Doesn't mean that it isn't a good buy of course, just that it isn't a Clubsport.

Agree with all the above but just one point of detail. Clubsports did not come exclusively with Nomex seats. Some first time owners decided to pay extra to have their cars specced with leather buckets - I guess leather would be considered as a more premium finish at the time. There are a handful of leather bucketed CS cars around. The original bill of sale will show the additional leather spec.

Agree with all the above but just one point of detail .... :mrgreen: Only the Mk1 996 GT3 Clubsport came without airbags in the doors (and possibly the Mk2 RS ?) the plain Jane Mk2 had all the stuff that weighs cars down, Cupholders, door airbags, overweight owners etc etc :grin:

Slippydiff said:
LaSource said:
Disco said:
MJA911 said:

Agree with all the above but just one point of detail .... :mrgreen: Only the Mk1 996 GT3 Clubsport came without airbags in the doors (and possibly the Mk2 RS ?) the plain Jane Mk2 had all the stuff that weighs cars down, Cupholders, door airbags, overweight owners etc etc :grin:

Agree with all the above, but just another point of detail....the mk2 clubsport DID come with cupholders....because even Porsche knew that a early start to the Ring from Surrey requires a coffee stop. And you do need somewhere to put it!

...though one point of detail I missed for the first few years was that if you pulled the cupholder out, there was another cupholder hidden behind it! Tardis inspired design!

As you were... :)

Anoraking to one side, if you know who owns and fettles this car, you should have no doubts about it mechanically whatsoever.

Ghost said:
Anoraking to one side, if you know who owns and fettles this car, you should have no doubts about it mechanically whatsoever.
:yeah: :agree:

LaSource said:

My MK2 CS doesn't have the side airbags.

Stuart said:
LaSource said:

I know how you know that Stuart :hand:

Someone removed them before the car came to you; mine had them until I removed them :floor:

Stuart said:
LaSource said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

La Source didn't actually say that, I did.... My source told me only Mk 1 Clubsports and Mk2 RS's had them deleted, mind you, other stuff he told me about GT3's turned out to be complete b*llocks too, so this should come as no surprise to me whatsoever :?: :roll:

Cup holders in aGT3 make a lot of sense until, that is, you run over an ant on the road and your whole cup of steaming hot coffee comes out all ver the pax seat..

Senoj said:
Cup holders in aGT3 make a lot of sense until, that is, you run over an ant on the road and your whole cup of steaming hot coffee comes out all ver the pax seat..

I actually used mine, though they clearly aren't there for hot drinks. Back when I had the 996 I even went through a drive-thru in it once, and with the 997 the cup holders position themselves in front of the passenger side air vents, making them ideal to keep 500ml bottles of beverages cool on a long haul run. :thumb:

IIRC from the 997 RS they were deleted by default but could be no-cost optioned back in, the 996.2s (inc RS) all have them and the 996.1s don't.

And since I appear to have missed some anoraking, leather seats in any CS or RS prior to the 991 were not a simple option - they were a special wishes item (as were the small number of 996 comforts with rear seats that crept out of the factory at the end of the run, but that is a different thread entirely). Also, ISTR that the single mass flywheel wasn't exclusive to the RS either - the gen 1 996 Clubsports had it too (though the mk2s certainly did not).

Firstly. I love this forum and you guys and the levels of anorak .... sorry knowledge ! Is superb

I was just speaking to someone in the trade about my interest in this car. Their professional opinion is circa 50k. I am therefore out so no waving from me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back