Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"McPorsche Parts" Negative Review: no refund

Gooey36

Just to share a recent experience with you all...

I am currently refreshing a car I purchased as a project last year and have been changing all the wear parts in the suspension, exhausts, brakes...etc etc!

Once I had the rear end dissembled I noticed a few heat shields were missing. Most I purchased through OPC however I wanted to opt for some good used ones for the exhaust shields.

I found the part number at Design911 and emailed a few breakers. McPorsche replied and said they had a good used pair and a deal was done.

They arrived promptly however they were the wrong part - they had in fact sent the outer exhaust bumper shields - completely different part number.

I text the chap there (will not post names) to tell him he had sent the wrong ones. He replied straight away to simply state I'd got what I'd asked for. A few emails/texts were exchanged with me simply stating I'd asked for a specific part number and he's sent a different one. (I even included the pics from Design911 to show the difference).

Still no joy even after I said I also needed some replacement under body plastics and to help appease him refunding me, I'd happily buy those from him once I had returned/exchanged these incorrect shields.

Under duress and clearly quite miffed by the situation he told me I was still wrong but he would refund me if I sent them back. Which I did...and as you can guess, I've not heard anything back from him in over 3 weeks now.

So basically, I'm out of pocket and have no parts!

Not sure if any people have used him, but this is just my experience.

To add insult to injury he asked if I'd pay by "friends and family" and stupidly, and to prevent fee's I did - so no protection there. Lesson learnt.

Been buying bits (new and used) over the internet for years and never had a problem - always bound to be one to spoil it!

I'll be up that way in a few months and will be sure to call in on his business address anyway as its really pee'd me off! :)

He's got loads of parts on eBay for sale...

Got 2 user accounts too, will investigate and post up some links later :bandit:

And he's got a website too...

:nooo:

Mmmm I wonder if he VAT registered :?:

Do you know which bank you transferred the funds to. Most banks now have really strict AML regs which can be used to cause some agro if you know what 'concerns" to flag up. They may even freeze an account whilst they investigate. Yours is obviously a contractual / civil issue but I would be concerned that he may be using illegitimate receipts in contravention of AML regs :wink:

Anyway its a good heads up that McPorsche are to be avoided. If people can link up his website we could read his T&C's, check which legal entity it is registered to, see who his merchant provider is, etc.... Lots of fun can be had :bandit:

How much does he owe you, I'm not far away.

Now that Zingari has retired he may be up for a bit of debt collection :thumb:

.... in all seriousness, contacting the seller with some of the info I've provided is usually enough for them to see sense :wink:

Ps if that does not work write a letter to Tracey, guys have bigger ego's to get past and females usually don't like pictures of their home being plastered around the internet :bandit:

Funnily enough I was had the same way by some swindling git from Norfolk and some BMW bits.

eBay no help at all with the case as although my returned goods were signed for, he claimed not by him.

Thanks for the replies. Interesting to see what could be done.

In response to some of the points made, the payment was sent to a Paypal address - assume there's a way to see what acc no's that's linked too.

Blimey, good investigative work on the address - that matches the return address he sent me. Like the idea of an old school letter!

As for what he owes me it's only £55 (excluding postage) - it's more the principle that he does it because he thinks he can. I subsequently bought brand new ones from my OPC, so total cost of rear heatshields is currently £150ish - ouch! Happy for you to rock up and claim it back yourself, then treat yourself to a drink half a tank of fuel or something. Would rather that than him pocket it!

Will send a letter with some of the points raised and go from there!

Will keep you posted!

Thanks again

:thumb:

All simple googling, more detailed investigations can be had if required though :wink:

Hi all - just a quick update on this...

Good news! Money received back yesterday!

As advised, I sent an old school letter to his wife (as she was named as a director on companies house) and she rang me, apologised and said she would get onto her husband and send the money. Took a while after, but now it's come!

Again - thanks for the advice all (and strategy jontt!)

Marcus

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back