Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 CDR 22 OE Head unit wanted

dt4

CDR23?
I would like to replace the Clarion head unit in my 996 with a standard item
Is it the CDR23 that would have been fitted from the factory?

If any one has one available could you let me know please

thanks

Given you have a standard aftermarket head you probably need a cdR22 not 23. The 22 has standard iso connectors, the 23 is on the fibre optic MOST connection. Earlier cars have 22, later the 23. It's more of a ball ache if you have MOST as you need adaptors and bits to make normal stereos work.

Thank you
I will look for a 22

What model year is your 996?
What stereo setup does it have from factory? 4 or 6 speaker? Bose?
It's also worth mentioning that other period Becker's with sat nav are also plug and play although the nav in them is pretty poor by most reports.
Continental make similar looking new head units with bluetooth and dab for not much more than a used becker. See VDO website.

asterix_the_gaul said:
It's also worth mentioning that other period Becker's with sat nav are also plug and play although the nav in them is pretty poor by most reports.
Continental make similar looking new head units with bluetooth and dab for not much more than a used becker. See VDO website.

Its a 1999 C4
I'll check the speaker question, I think its 6 speaker non bose

wasz said:
I have a mint one with code card. Pm me an offer if you like
Will do, cheers

dt4 said:
asterix_the_gaul said:

Its a 1999 C4
I'll check the speaker question, I think its 6 speaker non bose

Turns out to be basic 4 speaker system

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back