Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200K miles 996.2 GT3

I am tempted to go to the auction and have cheeky bid...registration form completed already :grin:

:thumb:

Total and utter legend!

HSC911 said:
I am tempted to go to the auction and have cheeky bid

This is me, but don't have the readies without selling the turbo !

Maybe I'm being hasty but would love a gt3 and that looks :worship:

Wishing you good Luck for auction :thumbs:

adamw said:
Wishing you good Luck for auction :thumbs:

Can all 911uk members please wear their Lanyards so we can all say hi :bye:

:grin:

I will start the list of attendees :floor:

1. HSC911
5.... :thumb:

85afd1ebc17194788d7581af4cf1a29f7dfc7b08b922f50dbc67bd64f08fa370.jpg

Porsche also built a track only version of the GT3, dubbed the GT3 Clubsport. Only a handful of differences can be noted in comparison to the GT3, including the fitment of a full roll cage and a Nomex covered driver's seat with side airbags omitted.

Nomex...so why does it have leather buckets :?:

As the ad says, it isn't a clubsport, it's been uprated to clubsport spec. I'm not expert enough to know if the specs are exactly clubsport, but the major things are there, the buckets being leather could simply be preference, maybe because of the amount of road use :dont know:

MJA911 said:
As the ad says, it isn't a clubsport, it's been uprated to clubsport spec. I'm not expert enough to know if the specs are exactly clubsport, but the major things are there, the buckets being leather could simply be preference, maybe because of the amount of road use :dont know:

:coat:

:sad:

Haha, still worth a cheeky bid :grin:

MJA911 said:

Which is of course incorrect. It has a tequipment cage and not a Clubsport one (the differences are significant, particularly given that the 996 CS cage has a front section), has leather buckets instead of nomex, lacks the fire extinguisher and the preparation to be able to fit the battery isolator kit. Too many people list these as "Clubsport spec" when actually they are actually comforts that just have the bolt in roll bar fitted.

Doesn't mean that it isn't a good buy of course, just that it isn't a Clubsport.

Ah right, the ad could be more specific about clubsport spec then, still a few things that make it a bit special for the gentleman racer.

If we're going to be really anoraky, the front PU isn't an RS, it's a GT3 one that has been modified to have Cup style vents - it would be good to know if the centre radiator has been modded to suit or if it's just cosmetic. Additionally, there's no such thing as a 'Clubsport specification' engine on the 996.2, the only variant that got the LWFW was the RS.

Also, it's odd that the ad doesn't mention that the PCCBs have been refurbed by Sicom.

I know how much 911V bought this car in for and it would make you weep today :eek:

NXI20 said:
I know how much 911V bought this car in for and it would make you weep today :eek:

Weep as in "how much" :eek:

OR

Weep as in "I should have bought ten of these instead of my brand new Ford Mondeo" :dont know:

Ummmm, i might also register and put in a bid or two.....

Totally depends on the final sale value - £45-47k is my guess, optimistic maybes !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back