Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are these the same?

the Design 911 one will need a mounting kit shown as an extra £37 so with the Vat its £878.5.with the 911uk 5% discount its £834.5

The topgear one is vat inclusive at £950 , forum members get 10% discount as topgear are a site sponsor so its £855 the exhaust comes with all the fixings also the Topgear has a lifetime you own the car warranty.

So there's only £20 in it but the Topgear comes with the lifetime you own the car warranty . which to me is worth the difference.

I dont know who makes the design 911 system now, it used to be DesignTec and they were as bad as Dansk but they may well have changed manufacturer now and it might even be Topgear making them under D911 branding but even if it was it wouldnt come with the Topgear warranty .

Thats my 2p on your question and hope it helps :thumb: :thumb:

I would try to listen to both before buying.

MC

The description for both is identical so I assume they are from the same manufacturer. As they are out of stock with Topgear I expect they buy them in.

I have to say I would rather buy from Topgear due to the great feedback on here but they have no stock and I could do with it asap.

rdodger said:
The description for both is identical so I assume they are from the same manufacturer. As they are out of stock with Topgear I expect they buy them in.

I have to say I would rather buy from Topgear due to the great feedback on here but they have no stock and I could do with it asap.

They dont buy them in they make them Topgear are an exhaust manufacturer but the recent group buy and supplying their trade partners means they depleated there stock, they do have them scheduled for production so suggest calling the topgear HQ and finding out when they are scheduled for the production run of this exhaust as it may only be a week or so away. :thumb: :thumb:

I find D911's habit of not including the VAT maddening, I imagine they do it in order to rank first in search but it infuriates me when I forget that they do it, click through to the basket and everything gets 20% more expensive - I always close the page and buy elsewhere rather than feel that I've been mugged off.

Dammit said:
I find D911's habit of not including the VAT maddening, I imagine they do it in order to rank first in search but it infuriates me when I forget that they do it, click through to the basket and everything gets 20% more expensive - I always close the page and buy elsewhere rather than feel that I've been mugged off.

plus 1 on that mate :thumb:

Dammit said:

Yep I would feel and do exactly the same.
A decent company selling to Joe public should never do it

Tobyone said:
Dammit said:

Yep I would feel and do exactly the same.
A decent company selling to Joe public should never do it

Its also against the law:

https://www.gov.uk/marketing-advertising-law/describing-your-product

I kind of get the feeling many of us have a similar opinion of Design 911 , We only ever buy from them if we really cant find the part we want elsewhere . Its a shame but they have brought it on themselves with poor customer service and zero progress chasing on out of stock items. and thats without the annoying VAT on ads issue. :nooo: :nooo:

Phil 997 said:
rdodger said:

They dont buy them in they make them Topgear are an exhaust manufacturer but the recent group buy and supplying their trade partners means they depleated there stock, they do have them scheduled for production so suggest calling the topgear HQ and finding out when they are scheduled for the production run of this exhaust as it may only be a week or so away. :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil. I will get in touch. I thought I had read on here somewhere that they make most but not all, this exhaust being one they don't make. I guess I must have been dreaming again!

MisterCorn said:
I would try to listen to both before buying.

MC

+1 and at different road conditions and speeds.

I went with genuine boxes as the aftermarket were never perfect for me.

What sounds great on a B road blast can be awful at constant 70mph motorway, or embarrassing waking the neighbours at 5am.

the advantage of the valved set up is you can be nice neighbour at 5 am but bad ass when you want to be , and if you want to be civilised at cruising speed you can. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back