Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon Fibre Heater Bypass

Best way I found was to take the fan shroud off and fit the lip of the tube in the second indentation. Put the turbo rubber tube in over the hole down by the dizzy, don't bother with a clamp. Then feed the cf tube into the rubber sleeve , patiently and carefully refix the shroud. A juditial trimmimg of the lip on the cf tube and some silicon grease helps.

Endoman said:
Best way I found was to take the fan shroud off and fit the lip of the tube in the second indentation. Put the turbo rubber tube in over the hole down by the dizzy, don't bother with a clamp. Then feed the cf tube into the rubber sleeve , patiently and carefully refix the shroud. A juditial trimmimg of the lip on the cf tube and some silicon grease helps.

Great stuff, thanks for the tip :)

Chris

One thing I have found is that water will trickle down the c/f tube if left out in the rain and gets into the heater tube, the screen misting is worse than normal in winter. I eventually fitted a genuine RS one but they don't look as good and fit no better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back