Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres Recommendation..----------

-- 997 -- said:
Hi. I know this is probably done to death but I'm in need of a set of tyres for my 997. Can I ask what tyres are recommended for all rounder and where can I get them at a good price?

Cheers

J

Michelin SuperSports or PS4S

the best by a country mile

Hong Kong fuey said:
Has anyone tried these from Yokohama Advan Fleva V701
Reading some great reviews

they are a good choice on a Boxster but the sizes are too limited for 911's

Gottans said:
On a slight tangent.

I am sure there are good reasons for not running different brand front and back but is the warranty one of them?

Thanks
Pete

Not related to your warranty question, but regarding running different front to rear...

I'm not under OPC warranty, but was wanting to switch from Pzero to MPS4S, so when my fronts were finally done, I put Michelin on the front, whilst finishing the Pirelli's off on the back (was planning some abuse for them on a sprint day). Guess what.... I survived! It always feels massively different having fresh rubber up front, but there was no difference in normal (dry) fast road driving. Rear Grip was diminished in the wet, but that just highlights the difference between Pirelli and Michelin.

I had new tyres at the shop waiting, but don't drive like a nob in the wet and you'll be absolutely fine.

jwb1380 said:
Had Pirelli's before which were like bricks, now have a new set of Michelin MPS4S. Very happy, softer, lots of grip and quieter. £850 (305's) for the set plus fitting. I don't understand why you'd go for N rated tyres when out of warranty? :dont know:

:agree:

If you don't have to worry about a Porsche warranty then why not go for the better tyre? :dont know:

The Michelin PS4S look good and deliver on performance.

PS2 N2 are now about a 15 year-old design.

Wouldn't even consider any other brand.

My opinion ofcourse!

Thanks for your replies on the tyre recommendation, so much to consume! A complete set front and back I got a quote for the Michelin PS4S from Black Circles came to £845 and that's including fitting near where I live!. But the one thing that's on me head is that I don't drive the car everyday, it's not a daily driver as it's a weekend car so during the week I have a company car that I abuse to high heaven and by the time I come from work and switch that car off that's it for the day as I don't wanna be driving again till the next day. So thoughts are... do I wanna be spending £845 on tyres that won't be in effect as a daily driver? Spending that much isn't a problem in reality but as said it's a weekend car and do i wanna spend that much on tyres!! what are the next best tyres I could fit on the 997 which are good? Cos I could keep some of that money extra to go towards an engine mod etc. But as says if it's Michelin PS4S then it isn't a problem etc...

Cheers

J

You won't find any tyres for significantly cheaper that are any good at all (relatively). The MP4S are better than all the other premium tyres (Pirelli, Continental), and you'll be dropping down to no-name Chinese or at best middling brands like Avon to try and save yourself £200.

Not worth it, especially considering if you try to sell the car pretty much everyone will turn their nose up at it and consider that approach to cost cutting was taken with every maintenance decision...

My cheap alternative not N rated would be Uniroyal Rainsport3, had them on my Boxster and other vehicles and really good overall.

I have Bridgestone N rated on my 997, not the favourable option on here but plenty of grip and wear ok, better than the previous Pirellis by a country mile.

Used to have PS2's, good, but now have MP4S and they are just the best by a mile. It's a 911. It deserves the best tyres. End of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back