Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black air vents

nikos525 said:
Thanks Phil, the alcantara really changes the interior.
So the cup holder, you can't really see that it has a carbon look to it, sought of disappears colour wise and just looks black.
Maybe once I get her out in the sun I might change my mind.
The other thing with this mod is that when you switch on the headlights you can no longer see the interior vent light, which is no big deal for me but might be for others.

:floor: Nik I don't ever notice the interior vent light , going to have to have a look when I get the car back and see if I notice them :thumb:

So thought I would update with my vent adjusters all fixed!
I looked through ebay and thought that I wasn't going to pay anything upward of £120 for two vents to swap the small pieces of plastic for the adjusters, so out came the 3d printer.
It took a bit of tinkering with cad, to get the dimensions right, but I wasn't looking for an exact copy of the OEM clip, so it was a very basic design.
The fourth print came out perfect. Fits nice and snug in the holder so no need for glue, however, it took a bit of faffing around to get it in, but all done, for about 1hr of time & playing around with cad and a 3d printer.
I didn't bother changing the colour from white as you can't see it through the vent anyway!
I think I might be on to something with these adjuster clips - As they are off a Porsche I could charge at least £15 a pop
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• img_3874_195.jpg
    img_3874_195.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,795
  • img_3873_168.jpg
    img_3873_168.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,795
  • img_3871_750.jpg
    img_3871_750.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,795
  • img_3868_191.jpg
    img_3868_191.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,795
Clever little repair mate :thumb: :thumb:

Nik, can you have a play with the 3D printer and cad see if you can rustle me up one of these :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• images_1_196.jpg
    images_1_196.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 3,773
nikos525 said:
So thought I would update with my vent adjusters all fixed!
I looked through ebay and thought that I wasn't going to pay anything upward of £120 for two vents to swap the small pieces of plastic for the adjusters, so out came the 3d printer.
It took a bit of tinkering with cad, to get the dimensions right, but I wasn't looking for an exact copy of the OEM clip, so it was a very basic design.
The fourth print came out perfect. Fits nice and snug in the holder so no need for glue, however, it took a bit of faffing around to get it in, but all done, for about 1hr of time & playing around with cad and a 3d printer.
I didn't bother changing the colour from white as you can't see it through the vent anyway!
I think I might be on to something with these adjuster clips - As they are off a Porsche I could charge at least £15 a pop
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Nick, I'd certainly give you £30 for a couple of them if you want to go into production!

Hi nikos, your dashboard looks bloody great i love the look and very different. Much better! I think now i definetly will have my air vents colour coded to the rest of the interior!! 👍😁👍

Also you used a 3D printer to create the air vent movement clips, thats a clever move!! Can i ask if you could make any more of these clips i need to repair all mine if you could PM me with a price? id appreciate it!!

Thanks

J

Phil 997 said:
Clever little repair mate :thumb: :thumb:
Cheers Phil, the tight side of me thought I'm not paying that much money for a new set of vents just to pull the little pieces of plastic out.

Phil 997 said:
Nik, can you have a play with the 3D printer and cad see if you can rustle me up one of these :grin: :grin: :grin:
As for one of those I think we need a completely different kind of machine... :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• science_large_113.jpg
    science_large_113.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 680
nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
As for one of those I think we need a completely different kind of machine... :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good mate :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back