Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake caliper refurb

budflicker said:
Next question for you all, the front end could do with a respray for stone chips, quoted far more than I thought it would be....

How much would you expect a front end respray to be and where would you recommend?

Nice and close to home for you Peter.

=> https://www.aylesfordbodyrepair.co.uk/

They'll do a great job but won't be cheap.

OP: Price is elastic because it depends on what you mean by a "front end respray".

If you mean PU, lower splitter and bonnet, unless someone has seen it, price cant be quoted because in many cases a bonnet respray may require a blend into the top of the wings. Porsche-approved will be inclined to do a back-to-metal respray if there are deep chips rather than fill 'em in.

But if it is in this sort of scope, you'd be lucky to see change out of £2k with bonnet back-to-metal and blend into wings - but they'd need to see it.
Once a blend starts, it can 'creep' to other parts of the same panel and to adjoining panels.

Finally, one thing I've observed with body shops is that there us always someone who'll do it cheaper and vice-versa someone who'll be dearer.
The challenge is deciding which is the better value-for-money.

cheshire911 said:
Once a blend starts, it can 'creep' to other parts of the same panel and to adjoining panels.

Tell me about it :sad: :sad: :sad:

a few stone chips turned into glass out bare metal respray :nooo:

But it now looks 8)

:thumb:

What started out as a front end respray for stone chips can easily expand into a glass out £10k respray within a two minute estimator's conversation or recommendation.

C'est la vie....

cheshire911 said:
What started out as a front end respray for stone chips can easily expand into a glass out £10k respray within a two minute estimator's conversation or recommendation.

C'est la vie....

I said that 9 minutes ago :dont know:

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back