Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rich_R's Imported LHD 997.2 4S

MaxA said:
Just out of interest, which Nokian Tyres? WRD3?

Yup, those. As you can imagine the choice of winter tyres at these sizes are quite limited in the UK. Unlike what you guys have over in Finland! :)

Rich_r said:
DRZ911 said:
Are you running winter tyres?
Yes I am. Nokian N rated ones.
Thanks Rich. Thought so as it is just about possible to see the tread edge in the photos, and looking at the snow, it would be virtually impossible to get anywhere without them.

Really enjoyable thread and love what you are doing with your car. :thumb:

Rich_r said:
MaxA said:
Just out of interest, which Nokian Tyres? WRD3?

Yup, those. As you can imagine the choice of winter tyres at these sizes are quite limited in the UK. Unlike what you guys have over in Finland! :)

There is plenty of choice, if you run a normal car, but funnily enough winter rears for the later model 911s (295, 305 section etc.) are in very short supply ... I bought the only pair in stock in the whole of Finland this autumn. It wasn't a question of choice. They had two HKPL7s and I bought them with a pair of fronts to match.

Apparently the factory was flat out producing the new gen HKPL9s in common sizes, so any 8s or R2s would have been on back order. I might have got them in the spring... :frustrated:

Lord help me if I get a flat...

Couple of weeks ago i popped over to see Gert at Carnewal for him to fit one of his GT exhausts (basically he modifies the internals for better flow/sound etc).

Today I got around to recording a video. Recorded on a Gopro, standard internal mic. Note my car also has a Sharkwerkz bypass/x-pipe.

Video here:

https://youtu.be/fev97lWoLuU

and

https://youtu.be/Yn7aYRbJCgg

Finally got around to getting my car out of storage yesterday (it's been in since end of Jan)

At the storage place, still looking the same shiny car. Exciting to see her again:-

As per my last few updates, the car has been running on Nokian winter tyres. So it was time to stick some new summer rubber on. I went for the Michelin PS4S. I also wanted to keep the winter tyres on the rims too, so I picked up a set of the Carerra Classics. Not everyone's taste, but for me I've always like the simple design.

Before:

After:

Atlas Grey poppin in the sun light:-

Also fitted some Zunsport grills. Really pleased with the quality and 5 mins fitting time.

Looks good, I prefer the old wheels though 8)

Don't the grills go behind the vents :dont know:

Lovely in the sunshine :thumb:

Love Atlas Grey, had it on my old C4S 8)

Classics all the way here Rich :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Looks good, I prefer the old wheels though 8)

Don't the grills go behind the vents :dont know:

Lovely in the sunshine :thumb:

No, the Zunsport ones sit in front of the vents. They simply click in place.

Car looks great.
Good choice to get a second set of wheels - carrra classics look good to my mind.

Treated the car to a good detail last week prior to driving over to Prague. Took me a few hours, but I did a few steps:

Clay
Swirl removal (not many there anyway)
Polish
Sealant
2 x layers of wax

Really loving the way Atlas Grey pops in the sun, you can even see the subtle blue flakes in the paint.

Few pics

Evening/dusk:

43272911622_00a2196d78_k.jpg

Morning sun:

42418426125_e46131efbc_k.jpg

29452514748_ae731ff960_k.jpg

42418392745_44b18ad2d5_k.jpg

Weekend drive down to Vienna:

43586373861_a679a7d4a9_k.jpg

Spotted plenty of lovely local metal there as well:

41778205200_c1a8a981d0_k.jpg

28698479407_722ab18acc_k.jpg

41778228020_14121ae8e5_k.jpg

No real update, just using and driving the car across Europe. Winter wheels/tyres are on and spent the weekend driving in the depths of Austria back roads with the skis on the roof (and some skiing as well)!

911 still impresses me with its traction. Loads of cars struggling to get out of the ski resort car parks, yet my 911 just crawls out with little fuss.

46228533531_04ee6a6d6b_k.jpg

32758822498_ece3234be7_k.jpg

39646117293_a7f4bbb0f3_k.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back