Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What make sure a manual gearbox so good? Carfection

:floor: You posted that on purpose Isys, did you know that I was only told yesterday how much my manual gear box was going to cost for a rebuild of third and fouth gears along with a DMF.
Come back my old 997.1 tip all is forgiven :floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
:floor: You posted that on purpose Isys, did you know that I was only told yesterday how much my manual gear box was going to cost for a rebuild of third and fouth gears along with a DMF.
Come back my old 997.1 tip all is forgiven :floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

What happened, you broke it?

Yes mate at Dinslaken lost 3rd gear and it appears damaged 4th gear so it needs new gear kit and syncros on both those gears . had to drive back from Germany staying at 100mph plus :grin: :grin: once they had it open they also saw excessive play in the DMF so thats being done as well ,the clutch is ok as that was only done a while ago. 5.5k for the box, clutch and DMF . dont think I spent that on the gen1 tip in the 4.5 years I had it , apart from on mods . So currently manual gearboxes are out of favour with me :floor: :floor: :floor:

An interesting video. :thumb:

However for me it underlined every reason that I don't miss driving manual cars. :D

Quality vid. I've just sent that to my mates on WhatsApp where we constantly have this argument. Thanks for posting :thumb:

There must be something seriously wrong with me ....I like both gearboxes for different reasons ....it's easy ...just have one of each ....there are tens of thousands of cars out there !

Perhaps when you get old you just can't be ars ed but I really don't get manuals anymore :dont know:

It adds a distinct layer of tactility? What a t it :frustrated:

Having said all that I'll take that in a manual please :grin:

Nice Vid.

I guess it's a very personal thing. I prefer brunettes, and manuals.

Some prefer blue rinse and automatics.

A mate of mine loves a ginger. He rides a push bike. :what:

APL911 said:
Nice Vid.

:floor: :thumbs:

I've only had PDK for 3 weeks and 90% of the time I'm certain I made the right choice. However on the small occasion I do miss a manual gearbox.

Driving a manual at speed always feels faster and more involving to me.

In the perfect world, I'd have 2 porsches. A manual for weekend fun and PDK for daily commuting.

I'm 26 and I do think people of my age won't be buying classic cars in manual guise in the future.

Lovely feeling with a manual box. I have another week-end toy that is a paddle shift manual (not a torque converter auto) and that is also nice. Best of both worlds in two different week-end cars.

Hey, if you need a manual to feel like a real driver, good on you. If you need to shout about it. Even better. It's a broad church here and we welcome all types :thumb:

APL911 said:
Nice Vid.

Ginger- or what it should be called.... euthanasia bronze.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back