Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2006 Cayenne Turbo S issues and with Trader

It appears that you are in blurred legal area on reading the trail and T8's timely link to your earlier post trying to resolve repairs yourself. I suspect T8 is correct in that you may have compromised your chances in attempting resolution yourself.

The dealer does not appear to be wanting any involvement.

The best course I can recommend is that you see a solicitor ASAP, explain everything, including the repairs you have attempted yourself, your buying process (the ad, any reports on the car such as HPI and the dealers inspection), the warranty paperwork and anything that you have not disclosed on this forum. Then let the solicitor advise you on options and how to move forward.

I'm no lawyer so I cannot advise you. I don't know if the other contributors are legally qualified, but it seems you will require qualified, professional legal advice to know your options and how to move forward.

Let us know how you get on and how you resolve it.

Thanks deMort - thats put my mind at ease on that issue.

Email sent quoting "The Consumer Rights Act 2015"

I've now sent the dealer an email stating that the vehicle is unfit for purpose using a standard template from the Which website which quotes The Consumer Rights Act 2015.

As I've not invoked this inside of 30 days I cannot reject the vehicle directly; according to my research, but as I can seek to recover up to 100% of the purchase price it doesn't appear to be an issue, as I would like it fixed.

I have to wait 14 days from today before I can progress to the Consumer Ombudsman; assuming no progress from the dealer.

I've also sent an email to my (not very) local Porsche dealer asking if they would undertake investigations into the running faults. I would expect i'd be charged for 1 or 2 hours of labour to understand what the costs are.

The Ombudsman service is a complete sham in my experience. I used the financial ombudsman for mis-selling endowment policies to repay a mortgage and the legal ombudsman for a shambolic law firm against whom I filed a complaint, went through their complaints procedure (as required by the legal ombudsman), they upheld in their favour and did no wrong then I took it to the ombudsman. The I had to fill-in reams and reams of paperwork and supporting evidence, faced telephone interviews with their investigator, who ruled in favour of the law firm. I did not accept that judgement and escalated it to be reviewed by a "real" ombudsman (the initial review is done by a satellite team of non-legally qualified investigators) and the real ombudsman ruled in favour of the non-legally qualified investigator. I declined to accept that judgement and placed on record that I declined. The whole process took over 10 months! That was the end of the Ombudsman journey. If I was still unhappy, I'd have to file a civil prosecution against the law firm for incompetence - not practical.

I am using this so that you don't have a false sense of assurance on a fall-back net of invoking the Ombudsman.

I hope your template letter from the Which? website has the desired outcome. I cant help but think that if a letter of similar content was sent from a solicitor on a legal letter headed paper, the impact might have given the greatest chance of a resolution.

Thanks cheshire911 I agree hopes are not high, but you've got to jump through the hoops and evidence that you've followed the expected steps and hope it comes out ok, but an ombudsman delay wouldn't stop me pushing a claim through the small claims court. That's why I don't intend to send a solicitors letter.

DO NOT BUY FROM XS Automotive, Westland Green,SG11 2AH

I am literally speechless with the following, but I will just list the facts and hope they assist anyone else researching purchasing from XS Automotive, Cherry Grove ,Westland Green, Little Hadham, SG11 2AH

I placed a review on https://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk/car-dealer-reviews/xs-automotive-ltd

This site only had one prior review from over a year ago and that was a negative one ! I placed my review; also a negative one a few days ago. So that makes 2 reviews in over a year, both highly negative. In the last week there have been several glowing reviews. Seems unlikely, but ok lets roll with it.

One of the reviews is from CarlWoods1989 as follows:

"A pleasant experience
Brought my car from XS through recommendation from a friend of mine. Couldn't be happier. It's a pleasure to buy and view a vehicle from these guys. And a refreshing escape from the usual car dealers. I highly recommend. My car is perfect and better than described.By Carlwoods1989 9 days ago"

The salesman I dealt with at XS Automotive also happened to also be called Carl Woods, as does the email address used and the banking account details I used to transfer the funds. What are the odds on that, I need a lottery ticket !

Actually Carl Woods is also a director of the company and so is Gary Woods whom I also dealt with when Carl was abroad. https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09161270-xs-automotive-limited

So on to Autotrader, which has many glowing reviews. Where I placed a similiar review https://www.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/hertfordshire/ware/xs-automotive-ltd-598791#reviews

"Worst car purchase experience ever
By CHRIS A 1 Day ago
Chased for weeks to get a copy of the invoice, but no warranty info was ever included. The transmission drops into limp home every drive and I also get engine timing fault at times. The dealer was unhelpful and didn't feel that the Sales of Goods Act doesn't apply to them (hint it does). A measure of a trader is how they deal with problems, and ultimately they do not stand behind their vehicles. This is hands down the absolutely worst experience I have ever had in the 20+ cars bought over 30 years! Looking to dispose of this car if it cannot be sensibly fixed and currently investigating options redress.

Reply from XS Automotive Ltd

1 Day ago

Hi Chris, Further to you recent review we have been unable to verify your purchase through us. We noticed that you also have not been able to verify your purchase with XS,This is visible at the top of your review where it clearly says "purchased not verified" This tells us that this can only be a malicious review from perhaps another local dealer or you are mistaken as to which company your reviewing. All of our verified purchased reviews from various different customers proves that we take pride in all vehicles we sell and ensure that we provide the ultimate customer service levels. Kind Regards"

I am even more speechless now! They deny selling me the vehicle, despite me having an email trail with them, despite me having Carl Woods banking information and using it to transfer funds, despite me contacting them from my phone on their listed contact numbers and despite me holding paperwork from the transport company that collected the vehicle from Little Hadham, SG11 2AH to my home address!

They state in their reply that the review clearly says "purchased not verified" as if that proves I didn't buy it from them. This is incorrect as according to Autotraders own site, is that for a purchase to be treated as verified the garage has to invite you to place a review. Clearly that isn't going to happen. The downside is that Autotraders default viewing sequence is by 'Most Relevant', not 'Most Recent' so you would have to click the 'Most Recent' option from the dropdown box.

https://trade.autotrader.co.uk/wp-c...r_Dealer-Reviews-Best-Practice-Guide_2018.pdf

"Best practice on gaining positive reviews
There's a couple of different ways you can pro-actively seek
positive reviews.
You can invite your customers to leave a review when they have
purchased a vehicle from you – these reviews will be displayed as
'purchase verified' reviews.

To send an invite to your customer, all you need to do is find the
vehicle they have purchased in Portal. From here, click the request
a review button and enter the customer's information – remember
you must have permission from the customer to do this.
The best time to send your customers an invite to leave a review
is between 24 and 72 hours after completing the transaction. It is
not considered best practice for your customers to leave reviews
whilst at the dealership.
In addition to the above, another option is to generate 'nonverified
reviews' from people who may not have purchased a
vehicle from you. If you feel you've offered a great experience,
encourage them to leave a review directly through Auto Trader.
You may even want to follow it up with an email that includes a link
to your reviews page on Auto Trader. Promote it where you can!"

What do I do if I get a negative review?
Well, the first thing is, don't panic. Negative reviews aren't the end
of the world, they actually help build trust and credibility
– 68% of
consumers trust reviews more when they see a mixture of good
and bad scores and are looking to see how retailers react to
bad reviews*.

This I fully agree with as I've said problems occur, but its how a trader looks to resolve them that is most telling. Even if every glowing review was fully accurate; which IMHO is dubious based on my own experience, if the vehicle never had an issue, then the dealer experience wasn't fully tested. I find it hard to imagine that literally every vehicle sold by a trader is perfection itself.

Ultimately I now doubt the veracity of the review sites themselves as there is no mechanism to prove your review, nothing to stop the reviews being drowned out, or even get the review visible.

XS Automotive failed to respond my email asking for a resolution according to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, so the next stop is logging a complaint with the Ombudsman and other review sites.

I may even throw up a web page.

:eek:

Holy sh*t :bandit:

BBC Rogue Traders :dont know:

Even Facebook/Twitter :?

Feel for you mate :friends:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member