Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vinyl in cabin / doorcards etc - how to treat?

Stimpy

Monza
I've got a crazy cobalt blue interior in my '64 and some of it just looks a bit scuffed and used.

I've cleaned it a few times but i think it needs some sort of colour matching product to go over it. Some of it has also ended up a bit shiny where i would rather have a satin/matte finish.

I don't think i want to re dye it or anything drastic but what would one use? Or is that the only way?..

I've seen fillers for leather but not sure on vinyl and plastic type stuff..

I'm looking to sort ; my rear seats, rear door 1/4 panels, front door panels, some of the lower dash vinyl bits..

Thanks..

try some 303 aerospace protectant. it should really freshen up the look and give you the satin-style finish you're after. you can also use it on any plastic in the car and it will improve the look no-end. use it on my own car with excellent results, rave reviews all over rennlist etc

Thanks badlands.

Infact in front of me on a post it note that has been there for probably over a year i have ; "buy aerospace 303" ! So obviously someone else mentioned this previously!..

But what about the colouring / filling?. I assume this won'y magically blend it all together?.

i'm honestly not sure on that bit, most probably will not solve that issue for you....worth a try though, it's not expensive for a bottle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back