Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M509 - Feuerlà¶scher AKA Fire Extinguisher

Found it!

41639292835_dc1e73ea4e_b.jpg

27670897167_2f0694736b_b.jpg

42541480431_d97762c3c0_b.jpg

Very neat! 8)

I aim to blatantly copy you once I know I'm definitely using stock seat rails with my buckets. ;)

Will you be rounding up the thread with the part numbers for all components required to fit the 1kg unit?

Excellent thread.
This type of extinguisher is far less intrusive to passenger footwell space than the huge GT3 item.

Copy away - a large part of the enjoyment for me is putting the information out there so others can do so.

I'll try to make a full list of parts and part numbers, I'll need to some research for some of the parts first.

It's a small thing, but seeing it all fitting together "just so/OEM" is satisfying.

Would you mind adding costs as well if you have them as well please?
Much appreciated.

I wanted an extinguisher too but I totted up and it was going to be hundreds.

So I made my own simple bracket for the factory mounts and used a new similar 1kg Kidde extinguisher that's £20 on Amazon.

The Kidde extinguisher is just like the Gloria, but the supplied mount puts the handle forwards annoyingly.

I flipped it over so the handle is on the other side since this pic.

BvdKm7V.jpg

See http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=84714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Your installation is very neat - nicely done.

I reckon OEM parts from Porsche and Mercedes (unless Merc is a fortune for the cradle) including extinguisher would be less than a ton.

I'm on my way to Paris as I type this but will sort out part numbers and prices when I'm back.

The key part that you need from Porsche is the mounting bracket that matches the untapped holes which are present on the seat base, you can choose to get bolts and so on from Porsche at the same time, but my suspicion is that they'd be rather cheaper elsewhere. For the sake of completeness, I'll include them.

Porsche parts:
999 141 028 02 x 3 = T25 headed M5 bolts to mount metal bracket to seat frame
996 521 674 00 (LHD) or 996 521 673 00 (RHD) x 1 = metal mounting bracket

Now we're into Mercedes parts:
A0019942845 x 2 These are labelled "part 17" on the Porsche diagram, they're the folded metal clasps that the screws go into which hold the cradle to the mounting bracket
A3019900042 x 2 Countersunk washers
N000000000509 x 2 Screws, which along with the washers secure the cradle to the bracket, screwing into the part 17's.
A0008660214 x 1 This is the cradle itself
Gloria P1DB - this is a specific shape of extinguisher which you'll need, others won't fit the cradle. I bought mine here https://www.expert-security.de/gloria-autoloescher-p-1-db-mit-kfz-halter.html

I bought everything apart from the actual cradle new, and as I mentioned before as long as cradle, new, from MB is not huge money all the parts including the extinguisher should come in well under £100.

You'll need to tap the three holes on the seat base - but that's fairly straightforward once you've unbolted the seat and tipped it backward.

I recently fitted a Brey Krause very well made - bracket approx. £110 + fire extinguisher £15 from ECP jobs a good 'un

Purchased after my Dino caught fire coming back from AutoItalia @ Brooklands a couple of years ago! It does happen!

Attachments

• p1090444rsz_166.jpg
    p1090444rsz_166.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 4,446
  • p1090445rsz_290.jpg
    p1090445rsz_290.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 4,446
  • p1090446rsz_932.jpg
    p1090446rsz_932.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 4,446
There is an easier solution than all of this though. I have a Mangiafuoco - it is a single use device like a baton flare that (once you pull the pin) produces a stream of flame inhibitor for about a minute and a half. The point is - it fits in the door pocket so no mounting solution is actually required at all...

Dammit said:
Where's the fun in that? Far too easy.

It's a fair point... :floor:

The thing is - fitting one to the seat isn't an option for me as there is nowhere to attach a bracket when you have bucket seats, so it is either putting my somewhat hefty Clubsport extinguisher in (which essentially consumes almost the entire passenger footwell and is somewhat difficult to use without getting out of the car and running around to the other side) or the fire eater (which being in the door pocket is trivially reachable even when fully harnessed in).

If anyone has an original Werner one for sale then please let me know...looks uber 8) IMHO :thumb:

Werner are the makers of the factory fit GT3 ones. :thumb:

Great info Neil. The other options posted are perfectly fine too but like you say, where's the fun in that. The OCD OEM hunt is the best bit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back