Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DIY Service - Thoughts Please

Just keep a copy of all the service parts invoices that will confirm the dates and make your own record in the service book. My car is a Gen2 and has 2year service intervals which I have serviced by my indy he stamps the book but in-between I have carried out brake fluid changes and hose upgrade also premature annual oil changes and make a note in the book.
Good advise to upgrade to stainless fluid nipples. Mine only just released another year and it would have been callipers off and re threads
I think OPC would only bleed fluid through one nipple per calliper if they had this problem!
Home service does give a warm glow of self satisfaction but keep a nice file of receipts

kaypaul said:
Home service does give a warm glow of self satisfaction but keep a nice file of receipts

And if you source your parts carefully you can save a lot on parts too by avoiding the 'Porsche tax' wherever possible.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back