Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new (to me) 991.1 Aero

APL911

So, my 996 sold today. To a nice chap called James. I believe he is going to be starting a thread on here about his plans for the car. It had a PPI and by all accounts flew through. No bore score issues. Just a couple of cracked coil plugs (not drastic) and a leaking condensor which i had already advised James of.

Anyway, good luck James. Its a beautiful well sorted car.

Onto my new car. 8)

Its a 2012 C2 manual with aero kit, PSE, PASM, sport button, sports seats and a few other nice bits. It really turns heads, more than any other car ive ever known. Its amazing to drive. Anyone who says the 991 is not a sports car is a bir of a plonker in my eyes. The manual box is also great to use. Short throw, light clutch, very precise.

So onwards and upwards. Im loving it so far.

ninY1OD.jpg

KS1vVkM.jpg

Cracking.
Yep would suit me that with the aero :worship:

That does look lovely with the aero kit . I am interested to read your thoughts on it, as I am one who has thought the 991 had become a bit of a touring car and had been intentionally done by Porsche , Not that theres anything at all wrong with touring cars or the 991 but Porsche seemed to have tried to take the 991 in that direction and seemed to put their sports car efforts into the Cayman . But I am happy to hear differently and that after having a 996 you consider the 991 nimble and sports car like, as it means maybe I do have somewhere to go after my 997.2 . The big plus is the 991.1 still has a proper engine in it . what the hell we are all going to do after that with the new 992 with its Corsa engine with a turbo on it. and no matter what Porsche say its not a 911turbo :floor: :floor: STILL when everything else is electric maybe we will grow to love the 3ltr turbo 992 and fuel is £50 a gallon :grin: :grin:

Evening Phil.

Like most things with cars I guess its a bit subjective. However, coming from a modified 996 with uprated dampers and springs, the 991 feels a lot sharper (to me).
The performance is aslo more exploitable, and the steering is quicker even if it has a little less feel.

Ive now driven 996.2, 997.1, 997.2 and 991.1 all C2 manuals and a couple of c4s's. In my opinion you can really feel the bloodline and development in each iteration. I'd say the 997.2 felt the most nimble, but it did not feel different enough to my 996.2.

The 991.1 is a bigger leap forward from the 997 than the 997 is from the 996.

Im not going to say the 991.1 is the best 911, because we all have our own opinions and measures. All I will say is in my opinion a 991.1 with PASM sport mode and PSE is definatly a sports car. (Whatever one of thoes is) :thumb:

APL911 said:
Evening Phil.

Like most things with cars I guess its a bit subjective. However, coming from a modified 996 with uprated dampers and springs, the 991 feels a lot sharper (to me).
The performance is aslo more exploitable, and the steering is quicker even if it has a little less feel.

Ive now driven 996.2, 997.1, 997.2 and 991.1 all C2 manuals and a couple of c4s's. In my opinion you can really feel the bloodline and development in each iteration. I'd say the 997.2 felt the most nimble, but it did not feel different enough to my 996.2.

The 991.1 is a bigger leap forward from the 997 than the 997 is from the 996.

Im not going to say the 991.1 is the best 911, because we all have our own opinions and measures. All I will say is in my opinion a 991.1 with PASM sport mode and PSE is definatly a sports car. (Whatever one of thoes is) :thumb:

Great reply, I have hung onto the " the 991.1 is a bigger leap forward from the 997 than the 997 was from the 996 " and that really raised my interest , I realise its subjective but its great to hear and I must now at some point have a good drive in a 991.1 to confirm for myself that I do infact have a Porsche to move to in a few years time, like I did after 4 yrs moved from 997.1 to 997.2 that should sort my Porsche ownership for the next 7/8 yrs and by that point I will be ready to get aircooled :grin: :thumb:

Lovely looking car APL911 - congratulations :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back