Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shell V-Power is a ridiculous £1.46/L

rabbitstew said:
Porschekit said:
Avoid Scotch Corner services on the A1M then.....it ws £1.60/Ltr on Sunday :eek:

Good call, I will be stopping there on Thursday, so will make sure to fill up well before then. Still, last time I went up that way, every garage on the A1M was well over priced.

I almost never fill up on the motorways. I just wont pay the premium out of principal.

Over the years I've gotten to know the stations, just off the motorway where the prices are about 15-20p/litre cheaper.

Always fill up before I set off on a long journey and fill up again before setting off back which means I dont have to be at the behest of the motorway rip off artists.

And if that doesn't work just a splash and dash, but never fill up on principle.

I've got in the habit now of carrying a 10 ltr fuel can that I got in the U.S., it's one of the best I've ever seen and if I get a bit low, empty it and head for the nearest cheaper station.
Also helps if your out in the sticks and can't get Super Plus.
The can is called a 'No Spill Jill' and the You Tube demo video is well worth a watch, for all the wrong reasons, you'll see some amazing cans on display :hand:

Yet on the way to the kiosk you'll pick up a 500ml bottle of water and happily pay £1.50 for it.
Makes £1.46 for 1000ml of fuel almost sound reasonable if you stop to consider the engineering, science and people behind getting it to the pumps!

I'm running on JET 97 RON @ 1.38p , problem is I'm most likely the only one around these parts that uses it :nooo:

Cobham Services on the M25 on the way back from Beaulieu today.

V Power = £1.559 :eek: :evil:

Only a 10 litre 'splash and dash' for me.

I topped up nearer to home, well off the motorway. Same stuff = £1.389

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back