Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 refresh....some plastic surgery to light units

Stuart Mackay

Got the front end wrapped in paint protection film today and thought we would have a play around with losing some of the silver on the headlight units...what do you guys think? (washer caps still to refitted)

Attachments

• dsc08844_reduced_202.jpg
    dsc08844_reduced_202.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 2,609
Now it looks more like a 997... :yuk:

:grin:

Look's OK actually, Johnny D had these fitted on his too :thumb:

The headlamps are my least favourite feature of the 996.2. I think what you've done looks great - well done

The headlamps of the 996.2 are my most favourite feature of the 996.2 (and Turbo); they make the 911 look modern and more interesting. 997s are the dullest-looking 911s to me (faux-historic, lazy design) in plain form.

However, that's not a bad effort.

Always wondered why this is not a more common mod - the 996 is the only 911 that doesnt have the round headlights!
Pop some daylight running lights on the lower bumper and job's a good'un

EGTE said:
The headlamps of the 996.2 are my most favourite feature of the 996.2 (and Turbo); they make the 911 look modern and more interesting

Defo :judge:

I like 'different' :thumbs:

eabeukes said:
Always wondered why this is not a more common mod - the 996 is the only 911 that doesnt have the round headlights!

And more the better for it IMHO :judge:

:thumb:

Dammit said:
Which bulb is it that is now under the vinyl - full beam/DRL/sidelight?

None of the above. It's the fog light.

My own preference is the OEM look FWIW

NXI20 said:
Dammit said:
Which bulb is it that is now under the vinyl - full beam/DRL/sidelight?

None of the above. It's the fog light.

My own preference is the OEM look FWIW

I thought the same. Vinyl now covering the fog light so that's going to be an instant MOT fail and pull from plod too no?

having your front number plate is only going to raise their interest too. don't take it to wales as they are taking no prisoners there with no front plates...even if on the windscreen!

I do like the 996 lights and they have grown on me a lot and its different.

mk2 ones I prefer to the MK1.

I don't think front fogs is a requirement under C&U. If present they may(?) have to work though. Rear fog is compulsory & must work.

I very much doubt plod would be interested in the slightest tbh.

I like it but I prefer the standard look. Individuality is great though.

That's a great looking car. I'm not usually a cabriolet type of guy, but I must admit to feeling "want" when I look at that pic. :thumb:

Fear not about the reg plate, that was removed temporarily, so we could wrap the new bumper.

Did you DIY wrap the car? Am considering it in the future - 'how hard can it be"?

Eldavo said:
Did you DIY wrap the car? Am considering it in the future - 'how hard can it be"?

Give Jason a call here and he has the patterns to CNC cut the film for the paint protection film and the headlight mod.

He has wrapped both my cars and is a "car guy"

https://www.signsandprinting.co.uk/

BTW and an FYI, Deleting the front fogs is ok as the car is pre 2010.

Front end all finished off now and was at a car show over the weekend where this pic was taken.
Also for those who are concerned about my sanity, it is a "show" plate and a BS plate is on the car when on the road!

Attachments

• img_20180602_154807edit_959.jpg
    img_20180602_154807edit_959.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 1,939

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back