Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLR-spec Braid motorsport forged wheels for sale

EGTE

Sao Paulo
Hi guys,
I thought I'd give the 996 guys first dibs on these:

CLR's very first forged wheels for his 996 project - for sale.

CLR%20Wheels%201_zpsr0uv28a1.jpg

Bespoke Braid motorsport wheels by CLR. These wheels are mega-light but - being forged T-6061 aerospace grade aluminium - mega-tough, too. Richard commissioned them to give the maximum possible track width and lightest possible unsprung mass, for the best possible ride, handling and stance.

More details here: http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=106137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=440

I have used them very happily for about 3000 miles, fitted with 225/24 ZR 17 Michelin PS4s on the front and 255/40 ZR17 Michelin PS2s on the rear. The increased-width fronts and decreased-width rears make for fantastic turn-in and almost zero understeer. The weight savings are huge; the rears are 4 Kgs per corner lighter than the lightest cast OEM wheels (that's like having PCCBs on). The ride quality is improved over OEM, too.

I painted the centres black, as I think it suits my car, but they could easily be returned to the classic Fuchs-style look that they came with: you can still just see where the paint/vinyl would need to go, to give the CLR look:

CGBzsLm.jpg

You can see how well they fill out the arches here:

COsyRLR.jpg

Braid wheels aren't designed to take centre caps, but I found a supplier of very high-quality metal caps:

2HZIJCF.jpg

Tyres are hardly worn 6mm+ everywhere) and the necessary longer wheel bolts for the front will come as part of the package. Wheels are unmarked.

These wheels cost well over £700 each new, plus the tyres are about £700. They are bespoke and the very best quality you can get. My price is £2000 ONO.

Will go in the classifieds in a few days (will fit 997s no problem), but I'd like to offer it to this forum first, as that is where they came from. :thumb:

24930746847_b23556b982.jpg

Please PM me if interested. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back