Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering a 997.2 GTS4

wjk_glynn said:
Phil 997 said:
look see pics the midnight car is on teacart the aqua car on H&R both have vertini magic alloys fitted so you get a good comparrison note the aqua car is noticably lower at the front thats the most obvious place you see the difference in ride hight between the two set of springs

Thanks, that's one of the best A:B comparisons I've seen between H&R and TechArt

Phil 997 said:
Techart did a lot of R&D before deciding what they wanted and giving the manufacturing contract to Eibach... This is info I gathered when I was doing the same research into what springs I wanted

If you have captured specific differences between Eibach and TechArt, please share.

Because this whole Eibach vs. TechArt thing has been debated extensively on multiple forums. Eibach publishes their spring specs, but TechArt doesn't.

Short of someone buying both sets and actually testing them in a jig, those conversations just go around and around.

Phil 997 said:
I had always said if I wasnt happy I would swap them for techart but I actually havent felt the need to

At the end of the day, it seems that all things being equal, you prefer TechArt over H&R if you were starting from scratch.

You've described a range of differences between the two, but is there one (or two) factors that tip you to TechArt?

Thanks.

Karl.

Hi Karl ,
Theres no real reason I prefer Techart theres nothing at all wrong with my H&R a lot is going to boil down to what drop you want as techarts drop is 10mm less than H&R and Eibach I personally would let that be your deciding factor none of them slam the car up into the arches but if you are running non pasm , pasm or Spasm then that will dictate what you want to do , if you want a milder lower then Techart if you want a slightly more aggresive lower then H&R or Eibach. some have fitted Ruf lowering springs and were also happy with those .

I spent a long time chatting to Techart at last years Porsche fest at Dinslaken Germany so I probably got a sence of confidence in their dedicated Porsche R&D as against the R&D of multi marque suppliers . Having said that Matt has just got the same confidence from CG about Eibach , then brought himself H&R :grin: :grin: ride hight and availibility followed by price should be your factors on what to choose :thumb: good luck and keep us posted :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Matt has just got the same confidence from CG about Eibach , then brought himself H&R :grin: :grin: ride hight and availibility followed by price should be your factors on what to choose :thumb: good luck and keep us posted :thumb:
Yes, a bit of an odd move perhaps, but from all the conflicting opinions I just thought I'd just get it done and get them on. I am rather impatient at times and it's all reversible after all....

squelch said:
Phil 997 said:
Matt has just got the same confidence from CG about Eibach , then brought himself H&R :grin: :grin: ride hight and availibility followed by price should be your factors on what to choose :thumb: good luck and keep us posted :thumb:
Yes, a bit of an odd move perhaps, but from all the conflicting opinions I just thought I'd just get it done and get them on. I am rather impatient at times and it's all reversible after all....

Matt we know how impatient you are mate, remember your the one with the speeding ticket from Germany :floor: :floor: still wasnt just you I am aware of 1 other in our group as well :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
squelch said:
Phil 997 said:

Matt we know how impatient you are mate, remember your the one with the speeding ticket from Germany :floor: :floor: still wasnt just you I am aware of 1 other in our group as well :thumb:
:cop: :nooo:

As usual ECP have lived up to their slogan "Any part for any car" regardless of what you order, you'll get any part for any car. They have a cataloging / cross-referencing error on the H&R springs and they are the wrong ones.

(don't shoot me for ordering from ECP, I hate using them but they were the only ones who had them available and as I have an account I got a deal on them).

So, U-turn time! Eibach springs ordered and still aiming to get fitted next week....

squelch said:
As usual ECP have lived up to their slogan "Any part for any car" regardless of what you order, you'll get any part for any car. They have a cataloging / cross-referencing error on the H&R springs and they are the wrong ones.

(don't shoot me for ordering from ECP, I hate using them but they were the only ones who had them available and as I have an account I got a deal on them).

So, U-turn time! Eibach springs ordered and still aiming to get fitted next week....

Matt, what a pain mate, ECP do have that rep though. hope you still have time to fit them before Simply either way at least you have a running car to take :nooo: :nooo: :grin: I havent seen my car since we got back from Germany :nooo:

So, the Eibach springs arrived on Wednesday and Sid at Porsche Torque fitted them and did the geo for me today - Sid is an absolute star!!!

I've been fretting all day fearing that:
a) it'll be too low
b) it won't be low enough
c) it'll ruin the ride
d) it's not ready in time for Beaulieu on Sunday and I'd have to borrow (rent) a mate's GT3 (admittedly this would be something of a silver lining to be fair).

Anyway, I needn't have worried - the drop is just right (I didn't want too much of a slammed look and in theory the Eibach's 20mm drop matches the optional Sports Chassis for the GTS). I've only gently trundled it home (traffic!) but so far I'm impressed and it corners noticeably flatter with much less body roll. There may be an element of placebo effect, but so far I'm a happy bunny.

Look forward to catching up with everyone at Beaulieu on Sunday!!! 8)

squelch said:
So, the Eibach springs arrived on Wednesday and Sid at Porsche Torque fitted them and did the geo for me today - Sid is an absolute star!!!

I've been fretting all day fearing that:
a) it'll be too low
b) it won't be low enough
c) it'll ruin the ride
d) it's not ready in time for Beaulieu on Sunday and I'd have to borrow (rent) a mate's GT3 (admittedly this would be something of a silver lining to be fair).

Anyway, I needn't have worried - the drop is just right (I didn't want too much of a slammed look and in theory the Eibach's 20mm drop matches the optional Sports Chassis for the GTS). I've only gently trundled it home (traffic!) but so far I'm impressed and it corners noticeably flatter with much less body roll. There may be an element of placebo effect, but so far I'm a happy bunny.

Look forward to catching up with everyone at Beaulieu on Sunday!!! 8)

Its not placebo Matt, it will corner and handle better lowered , looking forward to seeing it sunday mate ,glad the ride hight is what you wanted . how do you find the ride , I am guessing hardly any different to stock :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Its not placebo Matt, it will corner and handle better lowered , looking forward to seeing it sunday mate ,glad the ride hight is what you wanted . how do you find the ride , I am guessing hardly any different to stock :thumb:
I think you're right Phil, definitely has a more planted feel. And the ride has barely been compromised so I'm impressed so far. I'm booked in for the Brands Hatch track evening in August so that should be fun too!!!

Hi Matt, glad you're happy mate :thumb:

Had H&R fitted to my C2S and it's transformed mine. It's a lot stiffer than it was :grin:

Seriously though, I can't tell on some roads if pasm is on or off but, the way it looks and handles now is, night n day :)

See you Sunday :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back