Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front number plate options

I had the holes filled on mine and went with a slightly reduced size stick on. I am happy with the look. Looks so much cleaner.

42490587711_04538613e9_b.jpg

I went for a smaller front plate with the plinth removed. Had to use screws however due to the curvature of the bumper. Normally I would have just stuck it on.

Attachments

• 911_291.jpg
    911_291.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4,332
Not a fan of stick on plates, nor fitting the plates to the front bumper without a plinth, as the curved plate just looks "wrong".

Here's my standard sized plate cut down to within 2mm of a standard 996 plinth and fitted to the same (it's a PITA to do BTW) but IMO it looks much neater than a standard sized plate with big overhangs and excessive amounts of bare white (I've deleted some of the middle characters of the plate for security)

JnJQWdU.jpg

I did run it without a plate for a couple of months (and did a big tour of Scotland) but I got fed up with people waving at me and shouting "Your number plate's missing/fallen off ..." :D

N0u0acz.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back