Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Squeal when shutting off

911_AS

When switching off the engine, regardless of the engine temperature, my car is making a strange squealing sound, which I've never noticed before (on this, or any of my previous 911's).

Any ideas on what this could be? (Sound occurs at 0:04s, you'll need to listen carefully though!)

NOTE: it has recently returned from an OPC, following some Intermediate Service works. Red Herring, or a direct correlation??? Hmm...

Sounds like a PSE valve thats a bit " dry" or possibly faulty ... im going with a bit of lub and it will be fine .

If you Dont have PSE then im not going to come back here :p

Thanks mate.

I do have PSE, so your theory could be correct.

Does the valve get dry frequently? And if so, can the lubricaton be done by anyone, or does it need to go back to an OPC? (My Car does have a warranty anyway).

Answered your Pm .

ive not come across this before but its what it sounds like to me .

A visual inspection of the valve is best along with a bit of lub to prove it .

Under warrenty and i would leave it to them to sort out although to be honest .. Porsche warrenty and exhaust systems dont go well together .. they kinda refuse .

Thank you.

I'll make some enquiries. They can't refuse this one - the noise wasn't there when it went in, and it was there when it came out - simple.

Whatever the actual fault may be, there should be no reason they refuse to fix it.

deMort said:
Sounds like a PSE valve thats a bit " dry" or possibly faulty ... im going with a bit of lub and it will be fine .

If you Dont have PSE then im not going to come back here :p

DeMort - you were spot on, thank you. The PSE valve needed a little lubrication, and now the car sounds fine.

Interestingly enough, OPC did say this is strictly not covered by the Warranty, so the fix was done as a courtesy. I definitely would have challenged this if they wanted £££'s to fix it, given the fault was not there prior to the Interim Service.

The car is 100% fine now and is driving rather superbly.

Thanks again. :thumb:

Im afraid Exhausts are not covered by warrenty these days so it would have been the OPC paying for the repair ..

Which and lets be fair here was good of them .. OPC,s get plenty of stick so something like this is good customer service .

Remember i said .. how can i explain a feeling .. with a result like this is the answer :D

Fixed .. excellent :thumb:

I understand that PSE's are not covered by Warranty, however, my point was that the issue was not there before it went in, but was there after, so by sheer logic something must have happened whilst under their care, to cause the issue.

I do agree with you completely, however. The OPC (East London) in this situation have been excellent, and I cannot fault them. The service from start to finish was great, and I would use them again if I had to.

Your "feeling" was spot on mate - trust thy instincts. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back