Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talk to me about number plates

The Gen 2 standard centre is curved and directs the air to the side rads.

Magic919 said:
The Gen 2 standard centre is curved and directs the air to the side rads.

Ah so its not a full blank just looks like it , but curved I didnt realise that as my gen2 one is open and covered with mesh , thought the stock was just a blank like the gen1 was but they clearly have given the blank a function :thumb:

Finally got my plates on the car. Had the front plate cut to a reduced size to match the plinth.

Very happy with them.

Attachments

• img_5131_417.jpg
    img_5131_417.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 3,422
  • img_5130_159.jpg
    img_5130_159.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 3,420
benbuhagiar said:
Finally got my plates on the car. Had the front plate cut to a reduced size to match the plinth.

Very happy with them.

Yep - they look good especially the front one which has me tempted to do similar. My only criticism would be that you need to stop hanging your car on the wall? Must be a nightmare to get in and out of. :floor: :thumb:

benbuhagiar said:

Very happy with them.

Looks good :thumb:

FRZ 911 said:
benbuhagiar said:

Very happy with them.

Yep - they look good especially the front one which has me tempted to do similar. My only criticism would be that you need to stop hanging your car on the wall? Must be a nightmare to get in and out of. :floor: :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

benbuhagiar said:

Very happy with them.

Looks good. Where did you get the front cut down?

Mine is a stick on one now, had it on for quite a while.
Never had a problem.

All the numbers and letters and legal size so does not attract any problems.

biggest thing of all is it gets rid of the number board and as like others pictured sticks on to all the front end curves

Quick update - DMB Graphics don't do number plates as of the start of June. I 'phoned them yesterday and that's what they said.
Trying to source a stick on front number plate, 330 x 111 mm for my 5 digit registration has proved tricky! Eventually ProPlates said they can do it. Most places will only do acrylic/pressed plates, or will only do standard 520 mm ones, or just don't answer the 'phone!

Phil 997 said:
Millsy71 said:
Front
Stick on so illegal.
I don't like it here, going to get a smaller one made and put it on the bumper

z9ph6if.jpg

Rear
VMoJC69.jpg

likeing the oval plates mate very old school sports car :thumb:

Agreed, I really like those :thumb:

maph said:
benbuhagiar said:

Very happy with them.

Looks good. Where did you get the front cut down?

Sorry, only just seen your comment.

I had the plate made to my specific measurements from http://demonplates.com/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back