Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 battery lead problem.help needed

Jonnywise

Trainee
Went to start her up and it clicked like a flat battery
Tried again and total dead.it happen a couple of months ago and I wiggled the positive lead on the battery and it started and run fine until now.the connection is dead tight on the battery and the battery is only 2 months old.
Do you think there could be damage on the lead somewhere ?

Cheers Jonny

I`m sure DeMort will be along shortly but I seem to remember something about a connection alongside the battery somewhere in the scuttle area .. a negative maybe ? The answer was to clean the connection.

Post i made about replacing the power box pin here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118716&highlight=power+dist

First check is a voltmeter on the battery .. if you have 12 volts then the battery is fine so that leaves either an earth lead fault or this power box pin .

Wiggleing the power lead and its the far end away from the battery you want to move .. if it starts after that then that kinda proves you need a new pin and lead .

If the click was from the engine and you have dash lights / headlights all working then that kinda points to a starter motor or a power lead to it being at fault .

Yes started when I wiggled the lead again

Were is the best place to buy the parts design 911?

Jonny

They are OPC only parts as far as im aware .. have a good read of the instructions in that link before doing it yourself and also to make sure that pin is heavily corroded and hence is the fault.

Attachments

• parts_125.jpg
    parts_125.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,464

Cheers dermot

Not a bit of me doing it my self il take it to a local garage

Cheers Jonny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member