Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car Hartley Porsche 718 and Ferrari 458 Italia Crash, UPDATE

"The red £80,000 Porsche rolled over and lost both rear wheels in the accident, and somehow ended up with a take-away curry across the windscreen...."
sounds really scary. is that brown stuff on the window definitely curry or something else??

ragpicker said:
Could have been worse. The driver could have been injured and ended up in a korma. I reckon that Carl lad will be caught hook, line and sinker. Eel be worried that the Old Bill don't go round to his plaice....
:floor:

Lost the rear wheels and rolled over :eek:

That can't have been good for his Tikka.

Driving like his Naan is what got him into this pickle.

I think Carl is going to get battered when he gets back to his Dad's plaice!

Evidently both cars had sets of golf clubs in them- maybe they'd been in the clubhouse bar before driving home??

Anyway- Tom Hartley and family have obviously done extremely well.....but Carl Hartley finds it necessary to post pics of his listing in The Sunday Times rich list on his social media- who on earth would do that?!
If that ain't bad enough his dad Tom then posts that his son's property and toys weren't included in the valuation- wtf - talk about zero class!

upload a picture

As the old saying goes 'pride comes before a fall'

That's just lost him and his dad a few customers...

Millionaire sports car dealer, 32, who starred in First Cut Supercars is banned from driving after crashing his £180k Ferrari into an £80k Porsche while racing around roundabout at 68mph

Carl Hartley, 32, smashed grey Ferrari 458 Italia into a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
He was sentenced to a nine month prison sentence, suspended for 24 months

Both Hartley and Hibbs initially fled the scene of the smash, which happened just before 8pm on May 20, 2018. The crash left the Porsche without a rear wheel and its bumper in pieces on the road.

Hartley, of Swadlincote, Derbyshire, later identified himself as the driver of the Ferrari, but told police the brakes on his car had failed, which caused the crash.

However, a police investigation found no damage to the brakes. It also identified the speed the airbags were deployed was 68mph - well above the 50mph limit of the road the cars were travelling on at the time of the crash.

Hartley admitted dangerous driving when he appeared before Sheffield Crown Court in November. The court heard a number of witnesses told investigators the motorists' were driving 'dangerously' and 'unsafely' prior to the smash. Both vehicles were captured on numerous CCTV footage at various locations exceeding the speed limits of the road they were on.

Yesterday, he was sentenced to a nine-month prison sentence, suspended for 24 months and ordered to complete 200 hours unpaid work. He was also banned from driving for two years and ordered to take an extended test before driving again and told to pay £1400 in costs.

Hibbs, of New Ollertson, Nottinghamshire, suffered minor injuries in the smash and pleaded not guilty at the start of the trial. The jury found him guilty and he was sentenced to ten months in prison, suspended for 24 months and 220 hours unpaid work. He was also disqualified from driving for two years and must take an extended test before driving again and ordered to pay £4070 costs.

'The airbag unit from the Ferrari was shipped overseas where a professional was able to confirm at what speed the airbags in the vehicle were deployed - 68mph. The road that the cars collided on has a 50mph speed limit.

'A collisions investigator carried out extensive tests on the car to check for damage to the braking system- no damage was found. 'Numerous witnesses came forward, all highlighting the 'dangerous', 'unsafe' and 'racing style' behaviour that the drivers had been showcasing across South Yorkshire. 'Both vehicles were captured on numerous CCTV footage at various locations.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-51141279

_110538021_ferrari976.jpg

_110538018_porsche976.jpg

How they did not get custodial sentences beggars belief. I heard of a guy that was speeding at 140/150mph through a sleepy village hurt no-one and got six months in jail!

that report is a joke, how many roundabouts have a 50 mph speed limit!!!

All the roads off that roundabout are either 30 or 40 limits. How they can crash doing at least 68 mph causing that much damage and get a suspended sentence is beyond me.

It goes to show that with money you can get the best representation in court and carry on as you were.

At least tits still come in pairs.

There was a programme on the TV a few years ago about Tom Hartley and family and their car dealership.
The son was interviewed along with his 'cindy' doll girlfriend and he came across as a total tw@t, 'I never pay full price when I'm in Versace, I always haggle the price down if I'm spending £20k on a handbag for cindy doll'.
Father and son are just Arfur Deley car dealers only their selling Ferrari and McLarens instead of Sierra's and Montego's!

Wow I think that is a bit harsh the sentencing unless I am missing something, it was only a bit of a crash.
I seems the POlice can find out a lot of information nowadays from these computers / cars. :cop: :?:

Hamster75 said:
Wow I think that is a bit harsh the sentencing unless I am missing something, it was only a bit of a crash.
I seems the POlice can find out a lot of information nowadays from these computers / cars. :cop: :?:

One thing the authorities really hate is 'racing'.

Twattery in built up areas deserves the full penalty of law.

I think CH got off lightly given he left the scene of the crash as well as the fact so many members of the public witnessed the 2 cars apparently racing beforehand. There's plenty of comment on other forums about the plod sending the Dancing Donkeys airbag system back to Italy to prove the speed at the point of impact & this must have been part of the background to the guilty pleas both drivers made.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back