Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Highway parting with his 993? Can it be?

If only I could, I would (buy it).

I can't believe he's selling. This is one of the nicest 993s I've sat in and probably the best interior of any Porsche: full leather (almost everywhere) from the era when these were hand-built. Just lovely and very unusual on a UK car. Certainly makes the S models you see at dealers look way over-priced.

Shock horror!! ..... but I think we have heard it before ....... but if I were to buy another 993 Mr Highway's car would be there amongst them ...... are you sure Steve? ....... good luck ..... onward, forward and upward as they say ...... :)

Smoke and mirrors but it's up there for sale :eek:

I'm waiting for Jonttt to tell me it's 'cheap as chips' :roll:

GLWTS. It should move :thumb:

It's a bit sad seeing the long term owners moving the aircooled's on.
GLWTS :thumb:

Flippin' heck Tucker!

Never thought I'd see the day :eek:

Having seen this car in the flesh I can attest to it being a thing of beauty, the interior is amazing - a very nice place to be. Anything that needed doing whilst in Highway's ownership has been attended to without question, it really does need for nothing. All she needs now is a good new home to go to.

Good luck :thumb:

Another cashing in on the air cooled big bags :thumb: That's close to twice the price I sold mine for 3 years ago, no sign of the bubble bursting, only wished I could of stood the smell of the old socks interior id of held on longer :grin:

:hand: You have to remember this is an 'inner sanctum' Illuminati member's car so it's never seen rain, no UV light or have an stiletto heel marks in the headlining as the sunroof is fully functional.:thumb:

I remember going through the pain of reading about his expolits trying to find and and buy a 993 when I first joined this site. Indeed my opening posts were about finding out about 993s as I was looking to buy. "Here we go, another Highway" was the retort and indeed I take a more 'in like Flint' approach and bought one within days. 'H' went balls deep several months later :roll:

The new owner will still need vetting for Illuminati membership :what:

too right Zingers. Do I know any other owner as picky as Highway? Possibly one, but his car is a Minter-Museum-piece that never even sees daylight, let alone a pair of Louboutins. I know I keep going on about its interior, but it is beyond bloody lovely. HPNer achieved something similar with his 'rebuild to as-new', but I'm guessing his interior alone was more than price of a decent car for the Mrs. And it still amazes me that anyone would pay more than this for a bog-standard 4S - but that's 993s for you :dont know:

Having come very close to selling more than once I find myself now motivated to sell. A nice chap viewed in the week but bought a 993 turbo for what I'd imagine was considerably more. My 993 is is in great shape and has never missed a service over its 22 year life.

Lovely cars but I'm ready to own something new. Come and get it😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back