Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alloy Wheel Refurb Colour Suggestions!

I'm in the same boat. I've just bought a 2008 basalt black 997 Carrera 2 and the only thing that is letting it down in looks are the alloys. If you look closely the sufacec is peeling away in a few places on two of them. I don't know whether to replace the alloys or get them refurbished and a change of colour.
I don't think black and black looks too great on a Carrera. I was thinking of the anthracite colour, but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for inspiration.

Attachments

• 7ee42c31_5b27_485e_bf23_6529e4970207_193.jpeg
    7ee42c31_5b27_485e_bf23_6529e4970207_193.jpeg
    801.4 KB · Views: 3,859
Grooster said:
I'm in the same boat. I've just bought a 2008 basalt black 997 Carrera 2 and the only thing that is letting it down in looks are the alloys. If you look closely the sufacec is peeling away in a few places on two of them. I don't know whether to replace the alloys or get them refurbished and a change of colour.
I don't think black and black looks too great on a Carrera. I was thinking of the anthracite colour, but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for inspiration.

My car and wheels are identical to yours Groovester.

I like to the look of Shadow chrome. I'm having a full paint correction and detail with a ceramic coating. Its great how technology has moved on to provide us with methods to keep our cars in better condition.

Decisions,decisions. I'm still toying with swapping the wheels to either S or turbo style ones but I have seen a few after market ones which look great, but I'm trying to keep the car as original as I can. I always pictured in my head a black 911 with gloss anthracite but seeing those gold wheels has made me think again, they look great but I just don't want it to look too bling. I don't want to ditract from the beautiful simplicity of this car.
I only picked it up this week and absolutely love. I still can't get this smile of my face every time I think of it. 'I own a 911"

+1 for Weiss gold against black BUT I think it may work better on some wheels and not so well on others :?:
If keeping the carrera classic's maybe I'd go a slightly darker than silver grey. Not too darker grey but enough to notice its grey rather than silver.

If changing the wheel for a multispoke design, or after market wheel then I'd definately go Weiss gold !

Good luck and keep this thread updated with pics on whatever you decide :thumb:

GT Silver would be a slightly darker option. I think the Carrera Classics only really suit silver.

It is a difficult one as the carrara classic is by nature a soft and simplisiic design so if your staying with those then Anthersite and maybe get them to flash the face with chrome/silver to just lift it thats the colour with a flash on my pics furthur up the thread

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back