Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobra Misano Recliners

The shape of those Cobra seats are not a million miles away from the hard back sports seats. Could not live with that nasty diamond stitching, the naff frame on the side or that gash logo.

There is a thread on Rennlist's first page with someone modifying their 993 interior, and they have those Recaro seats. Maybe worth a look.

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:
Would look awesome with Vesuvius painted backs. :bandit:

The seller in the advert do full custom colour change and upholstery work in your desired flavour.

C.

Get thee behind me Carl :floor:

This is normally when you mention tbat you have a pair lying around at the back of the garage...

If only... I did consider a set about a year ago, however some Pole Positions came up and subsequently purchased quickly.

A8's are a wise investment, rare and highly sought after and still IMO the coolest folding bucket made.

C.

cableguy said:
Seats are a personal choice but fairly limited if you want a reclining bucket for the narrow 993 cabin.

If going down the "buying new" route i'd say Cobra Misano or Recaro Sporster CS. Recaro having the edge for me.

C.

Looked into these two also. I came away after months of deliberation that it would be the Recaro all day and every day, they are just so well built and will last. I used to own a MINI GP in 2008 and it came with the Recaro
Sporter CS and they were bloody brilliant.

I just can't get on with the Cobra exposed frames to the sides. Saying that, if it is the Misanos, call Cobra direct and see if they have any ex display or 'seconds' in the factory. I could have bought a pair for far less than the price of one brand new one from any of their suppliers .

Probs for me was that I couldn't collect them in time and they won't deliver direct from the factory. I think they advertise seats available as singles or non matching colours from the factory occasionally on their website ....... or did if mem serves.
The seconds or ex display I was informed would be immaculate and as new and would be a matching pair by their office staff though when I enquired.

tyinsky said:
The shape of those Cobra seats are not a million miles away from the hard back sports seats. Could not live with that nasty diamond stitching, the naff frame on the side or that gash logo.

There is a thread on Rennlist's first page with someone modifying their 993 interior, and they have those Recaro seats. Maybe worth a look.

You don't need to have the diamond stitching... I wouldn't.

Also would have them trimmed without the logo which is indeed a bit Brad Pitt.

Nothing to be done about the exposed frames tho...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back