Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where are you heading this summer with your 993?

tyinsky said:
wozy said:
tyinsky said:
Nowhere. Engine being stripped down and rebuilt to 3.8 :mechanic:

***** a duck. Is that with the OEM parts from Porsche?

Mahle 3.8 pistons, leaving the cams as standard, upgrading stuff like bolts.

Engine is still running well and feels strong but is wet with oil from all the usual places. Trying to solve a recent ignition firing issue (which turned out to be a dodgy wire) revealed not great leak down on #5 so it is getting done now instead of waiting for the inevitable. :)

Can I ask where the dodgy wire ended up being? Having a similar ignition issue due a suspected wiring break somewhere. Investigations are ongoing, but not having much luck.

tyinsky said:
Jitstar, mine was the wire from the main loom that feeds the spoiler. Took over 150 hours to find and fix the issue. :eek:

Thanks for the heads up.....bracing myself up for not being in the car for a while then!

:sad:

Just got back from the Mille Miglia - down via Stuttgart and Switzerland and back over the Brenner then ferry back from Rotterdam.
Next is the Outer Hebrides when we're hoping to get over to St Kilda and in September we're doing a wreath laying at the Menin Gate in Ypres.
A few other shorter ones such as the Silverstone auction and that'll be it.

Lovely looking 993, enjoy :thumb:

If anyone are planning a trip around here, I offer a free HVAC diagnosis and a coffee while waiting!
Cheers,
Tore

nickjonesn4 said:
DavidRussell said:
Just got back from the Mille Miglia.

That's on my list! How was it?

Great trip - saw the cars assembling for stamping in Brescia, then coming through Desenzano and Sirmione to a time check; drove over towards Monza on the final day to see them out on the road, then followed the event back to Brescia, sometimes waved through on closed roads, sometimes sent round.

Think it's a very mixed event; very competitive at the top level but with such a huge and varied range of cars. Depends really if you're into pre-1958 cars but the atmosphere is good and the locals and visitors get behind it enthusiastically.

Fascinating to be there and you can only try to imagine what it was like as a full-on race.

DavidRussell said:
nickjonesn4 said:
DavidRussell said:

Great trip - saw the cars assembling for stamping in Brescia, then coming through Desenzano and Sirmione to a time check; drove over towards Monza on the final day to see them out on the road, then followed the event back to Brescia, sometimes waved through on closed roads, sometimes sent round.

Think it's a very mixed event; very competitive at the top level but with such a huge and varied range of cars. Depends really if you're into pre-1958 cars but the atmosphere is good and the locals and visitors get behind it enthusiastically.

Fascinating to be there and you can only try to imagine what it was like as a full-on race.

Attachments

• 32b52bb2_43ea_43c3_a56e_b16105f48519_966.jpeg
    32b52bb2_43ea_43c3_a56e_b16105f48519_966.jpeg
    747.8 KB · Views: 2,252
DavidRussell said:
nickjonesn4 said:
DavidRussell said:

Think it's a very mixed event; very competitive at the top level but with such a huge and varied range of cars. Depends really if you're into pre-1958 cars but the atmosphere is good and the locals and visitors get

That's def on my to do list - here's a pic of the car in Cannes this morning - will post a proper account of the trip when i'm back

Attachments

• 32b52bb2_43ea_43c3_a56e_b16105f48519_849.jpeg
    32b52bb2_43ea_43c3_a56e_b16105f48519_849.jpeg
    747.8 KB · Views: 946
Normski298 said:
DavidRussell said:
nickjonesn4 said:
DavidRussell said:

Think it's a very mixed event; very competitive at the top level but with such a huge and varied range of cars. Depends really if you're into pre-1958 cars but the atmosphere is good and the locals and visitors get

That's def on my to do list - here's a pic of the car in Cannes this morning - will post a proper account of the trip when i'm back

Noice! I want me car back!!!

Nice! 3 weeks 'til I'm off to the French alps, can't wait!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back