Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 34
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 6
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Mike_993
Silverstone


Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 132
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Caliper Refurb Reply with quote

My calipers could do with a tidy up and I quite like the idea of a drive in type service/overhaul. Are there any caliper refurb companies in the Southern area? I live outside Southampton.
_________________
1995 993 C2. Iris Blue.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16121
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Calipers come highly recommend by many Porsche people, including lots of 993 owners.

See => http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113468&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pro+calipers

They're based in East London but I don't know if they offer the type of service you're specifying. I doubt that anyone does. Dont know
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FRP
Albert Park


Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Posts: 1697
Location: Middlesex


PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To mad at Pro Calipers is the place to go. But they do not don’t a drive in n and wait service
_________________
2002 996tt x50 manual in bassat black - 9eXX
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mike_993
Silverstone


Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 132
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRP wrote:
To mad at Pro Calipers is the place to go. But they do not don’t a drive in n and wait service

Thanks for replies, I am aware of Pro Calipers from the forum and BCS and was trying to avoid the need for another garage to remove the calipers, they then have the car on a ramp for a week or so before they come back. BCS advertise a not necesssrily done in a day job but you can leave the car and return when done. Problem is they are in Nottingham?

I have considered just touching them up paint wise in situ with a hand paint kit but would prefer to do it properly then that’s another tick in the box for work done. Fronts look worse than rear.
_________________
1995 993 C2. Iris Blue.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15566
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike if your looking for a full strip down refurb then the two places mentioned are best , if you just want them painted and tidy and new decals (you need to supply those) I used the wheel specialist in Ferndown they supplied high temp paint in the colour I wanted (acid green lol) any I asked them to apply three coats then 4 coats of clear laquer to ensure the porsche decal didnt have a ridge you could feel . they did this and I have to say did a great job and when I sold the car the calipers still looked like new . they need the car overnight but are only in Ferndown. Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mike_993
Silverstone


Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 132
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Mike if your looking for a full strip down refurb then the two places mentioned are best , if you just want them painted and tidy and new decals (you need to supply those) I used the wheel specialist in Ferndown they supplied high temp paint in the colour I wanted (acid green lol) any I asked them to apply three coats then 4 coats of clear laquer to ensure the porsche decal didnt have a ridge you could feel . they did this and I have to say did a great job and when I sold the car the calipers still looked like new . they need the car overnight but are only in Ferndown. Thumb

Thanks Phil. Good recommendation and I will call them today. Noticed there is also a branch at Fareham which is quite close just off the A27.
_________________
1995 993 C2. Iris Blue.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15566
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_993 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Mike if your looking for a full strip down refurb then the two places mentioned are best , if you just want them painted and tidy and new decals (you need to supply those) I used the wheel specialist in Ferndown they supplied high temp paint in the colour I wanted (acid green lol) any I asked them to apply three coats then 4 coats of clear laquer to ensure the porsche decal didnt have a ridge you could feel . they did this and I have to say did a great job and when I sold the car the calipers still looked like new . they need the car overnight but are only in Ferndown. Thumb

Thanks Phil. Good recommendation and I will call them today. Noticed there is also a branch at Fareham which is quite close just off the A27.


There is mate but they are franchises so the fareham one may not offer the service and I cant speak for there work, having said that I know Brookspped use them so they cant be bad ,and as long as they follow your instructions re how many coats etc they really shouldnt mess it up. Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mike_993
Silverstone


Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 132
Location: Hampshire


PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Mike_993 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Mike if your looking for a full strip down refurb then the two places mentioned are best , if you just want them painted and tidy and new decals (you need to supply those) I used the wheel specialist in Ferndown they supplied high temp paint in the colour I wanted (acid green lol) any I asked them to apply three coats then 4 coats of clear laquer to ensure the porsche decal didnt have a ridge you could feel . they did this and I have to say did a great job and when I sold the car the calipers still looked like new . they need the car overnight but are only in Ferndown. Thumb

Thanks Phil. Good recommendation and I will call them today. Noticed there is also a branch at Fareham which is quite close just off the A27.


There is mate but they are franchises so the fareham one may not offer the service and I cant speak for there work, having said that I know Brookspped use them so they cant be bad ,and as long as they follow your instructions re how many coats etc they really shouldnt mess it up. Thumb

Thanks again I will tread carefully but Ferndown not far.
_________________
1995 993 C2. Iris Blue.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
RobIpswichUK
Watkins Glen


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2030
Location: Ipswich (at a guess!)

1994 Porsche 993 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a word with Thomas at Pro Calipers. I think he may do a service to send out refurbed calipers (if in stock) and then you send back yours. Obviously you pay a lot upfront for the calipers.
_________________
Rob
'94 C2 Iris Blue (+ White Stripes!) Cup 2's, Big Ovals, FSD's/Eibach, OMP Strut Brace, 200 Cell Powerspeed Cats, 1.75" Hollamby Exhaust bypass, Carnewal FPB.
Mercedes SL (R230 lowered + AMG wheels)
Range Rover Sport V8 (L320 chipped)
TT Roadster (standard - wife’s daily!)
W211 E320CDI Barge (must not forget - NEED TO SELL!)
E91 320d SE Touring (must not forget - NEED TO SELL!)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum