Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Renovo

Sorry chaps - ended up staying in the pub longer than i thought last night and finished the night off with a barney with Mrs Osh. Don't get me started on Women!

So this was the roof drying last night:
41514023084_c2034c1595_k.jpg
[/url]180520d - and dye appl;ied, drying nicely in the sun... by Mike O, on Flickr[/img]

There were a few darker spots than others but i was hoping they were going to dry out evenly.

This is the roof this morning - ok its taken from a different angle and, if you compare what it was like before and what its like now, its better BUT i'm not happy/satisfied.

28376230118_5b21a7b437_k.jpg
[/url]180521a - better but not satisfied... by Mike O, on Flickr[/img]

Not sure why its turned out like this - whether mine was in such a bad state and its just sucked so much product in or if its just a poor effort/I got it wrong on my part...

I think i'm going to buy some more Renovo and stick it in a spray pot to see if it comes out better....

Thoughts anyone...?? Would welcome your input and advice

Osh

Dammit said:
Looking good Osh, I bought the full Renovo set of products to do mine, then replaced the hood instead - so if anyone wants the stuff, give me a shout, it's BNIB, you can have it for turning up to get it.

Morning m8

if its blue i'd be happy to buy it off of you... :thumb:

Osh

I think Dammit's is blue. I'd give it another coat of paint Osh. Like I said, I did mine in the sun so it dried quicker. I don't know what it was like down there last night but my roof was soaking this morning with all the moisture in the air. That may have caused it to go funny if not fully dry and did get damp.

alex yates said:
I think Dammit's is blue. I'd give it another coat of paint Osh. Like I said, I did mine in the sun so it dried quicker. I don't know what it was like down there last night but my roof was soaking this morning with all the moisture in the air. That may have caused it to go funny if not fully dry and did get damp.

Cheers Alex - will do and going to try the spray method next time, too. :thumb:

Will post update piccies when i do

Osh

:thumb:

Osh, I'm so sorry to hear it's not been an absolute success. Have to say despite that it's a good effort.

Think another coat and go from there :pc:

I have a feeling moisture has got to it overnight before its fully dried. Always done mine on a sunny day so it dries quicker.

Hmmm, that looks pretty much the same result that I had a couple of years ago using Renovo ( blue ) on my Boxster, I put it down to buying the stuff on ebay instead of direct from Renovo, I thought it must have been fake :nooo:

I wonder if it just because it is the blue dye :?:

I`m going to get some ordered and have another go when we`re going to get a rain free weekend, which is now not this weekend :sad:

I did find applying it quite easy though, looked good before it dried :grin:

I did a black mini conv roof last year with the dye and it came up lovely, washed and cleaned it the day before and next day left it until after lunch to colour after the sun was on it all morning so it was good and dry. Then applied the colour with a paint brush under a gazebo and left to dry for the rest of the afternoon under the gazebo. Came out great and then sealed the next day.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back