Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disco Robbery

jotaking

My LR Disco 4 went into our local LR dealership for a service.

I received the obligatory workshop video with the list of defects and pricing to rectify.

Front, rear pads and brake fluid change. No biggy.

The bill came in at £330.00.

I booked it in and with a parting shot, I asked to confirm the £330.00.

"Erm, no that's just parts. I'll need to add 3 hours labour. That'll be £660.00" :bandit:

Cancelled and booked in with my local Indy £220.00 all in.

I know what you mean. My wife's Mercedes ML required all 4 discs and pads to be changed. I got a quote from merceds for £840. So I bought all the parts for £240 and will do it myself. The parts I bought are oem, and so if I wanted I could have gotten it for even cheaper if I went with generic discuss and pads. :grin:

e92 said:
I know what you mean. My wife's Mercedes ML required all 4 discs and pads to be changed. I got a quote from merceds for £840. So I bought all the parts for £240 and will do it myself. The parts I bought are oem, and so if I wanted I could have gotten it for even cheaper if I went with generic discuss and pads. :grin:

I will be round next week with Mrs L's 1 series!

:)

:grin: Everyone should attempt brakes. Labour in the UK is way too expensive for my liking hence I do as much as I can myself. Even replaced my bathroom myself which saved ££

Three hours labour for pads is huge. Sounds like a massive rip-off!

Just did my Range Rover Sport discs and pads (same chassis and brakes I think although Brembos on the Sport front) in less time than that (never having even jacked it up before!) on my drive.

Genuine Brembo parts (discs and pads) were less than £260 all in.

Most of that time was working out what I needed to do, getting the caliper bolts off front calipers (big breaker bar and a hammer!) and putting the pad wear sensors back behind the wheel arch liners.

If on a lift, in a professional garage etc, I think I could have done the pads alone in less than an hour. Fronts are so easy as it is only two pins, and pushing the pistons back to get new pads in.

How long's a brake fluid replacement? I assume it's all pressure bled etc, and a quick test drive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back