Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather refurb

NLW73

Albert Park
anyone recommend anyone in the south that can do leather re dying or re spraying? colour is that Dove grey

am getting jack at royal to do the steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake but he does not touch seating.

thanks

It may be different down south but when I was looking to have my two buckets dyed from black to grey up here in the north, I was getting quoted more for re-colouring from some places than others were quoting to re-trim them.

Maybe ask a good dealer who they use. It's possible that the likes of RPM or maybe 911v will have a mobile trade guy who does anything they need.
Trouble is they may want to get it done for you and add a bit on for themselves.

Forget the likes of Southbound though. Great as they are, they fit into the "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" bracket. :wink:

I have get to find a dye that doesnt come off on your clothes, give Linas at DesignLS a call for a price to retrim :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Forget the likes of Southbound though. Great as they are, they fit into the "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" bracket. :wink:

And you will have sold the car before they can fit you in!

Give Mark at Benchmark leather a call. Based near Petersfield. The man does amazing work. :thumb:

Have done several redye jobs diy, it's really easy. You need a fair bit Of The dye to make a perfect job, the ideal is to get the seats out, recolour them by hand and finish with an airgun spray job masking off the other bits. I never went that far, just recoloured by hand 3 coats and it was 90-95%. Cost about 40-50 in dyes and bits and about 2-3hrs of time in total. Would be more time for removing the seats and doing the spray finish plus 20 for a hobby airgun and can of air. Removing seats actually really easy 4 bolts and an e14 socket.

Phil 997 said:
Linas at DesignLS

+1 he has done a few jobs for me and everyone to the highest quality.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back