Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 - If I was to drop the engine...

Roro

I'm going to have the coolant pipes welded at some stage, and thinking about what else to get a quote for while that is being done

I'm not quite there yet with major engine upgrades, so ignore that for the time being...

The list is looking like these items so far

- LWFW
- New clutch
- General clean up of engine area

What else would be good to do while the engine is out? Also any pointers on the points listed? :thumb:

Did the same to mine a year or so back.
LWFW and welded hoses thanks to Matt @ Fearnsport.

Recommend New or rustproofing double pump casing, fuel filter, water hoses and reservoir whilst you have good access in the empty engine bay.

Cheers dude. I had Fearnsport in mind too for the work :thumb:

Probably also a refresh of the wax oyl I had done a couple of years back

Have you got Cup diff plates? If not, I would have them fitted as well whilst engine and box are out.

Yep, RPM fitted cup plates maybe 4/5 years ago now. That was the reason I popped up to visit Fearnsport recently as they looked like they were leaking. Matt said it's the RMS though, so will get that sorted when I have the pipes welded

You could have the engine bay detailed....

Only kidding, mine just back from FS today as it happens, top fella and service.

I love the work Matt does. That place is my turbos second home.

MC

I was pretty impressed with their setup. They were rebuilding an F40 engine and there was also a 1000bhp 911 which looked pretty.... angry lol

This year might be quite expensive, I'm already booked into my OPC for a service with spark plugs

It's looking like 4.0 RS clutch, LWFW, RMS, coolant pipes, waxoyl. Does anyone have a list of suggested part numbers? I'm getting a bit of deja vu, I'll search the forum later...

Why do you want part numbers? It's all standard Porsche stuff so you're not going to find it cheaper elsewhere. Just let Matt get what you need, that way when the wrong part turns up it's not an enormous ball-ache to return it & get the right one.

Plus, Matt has an RMS that he likes to use & it's not the 997 part.

... good advice as ever, thanks :)

There's also the stuff Stuart mentioned ^ I'll email Matt and get his thoughts

Roro said:
I was pretty impressed with their setup. They were rebuilding an F40 engine and there was also a 1000bhp 911 which looked pretty.... angry lol

This year might be quite expensive, I'm already booked into my OPC for a service with spark plugs

It's looking like 4.0 RS clutch, LWFW, RMS, coolant pipes, waxoyl. Does anyone have a list of suggested part numbers? I'm getting a bit of deja vu, I'll search the forum later...

Forget opc for a plug change imho. £400+. ? Why pay that..

Service book says plugs are due (every 25k miles or 4 years), so planning to do it to keep up the OPC stamps

Been researching this online this evening, changing spark plugs is quite a straightforward job for someone that knows what they're doing. I could get it done cheaper elsewhere but then I won't have the stamp in the book

Unless... I order my own plugs and tell OPC to fit but not sure what their policy is on that. I'm already supplying my own Mobil and they've agreed that, but would spark plugs be viewed differently? They're quote is £338 for new plugs

Nice to see car is coming out, personally unless you have an OPC warranty I'd prefer to see a quality Indy stamp to a OPC stamp on these cars. Each to there own but £338 for spark plugs is a piss take.

Jon

Plugs are £8 each ffs. At 10 years old, an OPC stamp has no extra kudos over one from a well-regarded indie. Once the engine is out it takes minutes to change the plugs.

Hmm. Ok in that case I'll scrap the OPC plugs and get it done when I eventually take the car to FS. I won't have that OPC tick on the service book but at least I'll have the invoice to prove it was done :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back