Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - 996 Roll Cage

crash7

Imola
Looking for a 996 Tequipment Roll cage - 996.580.981.00

If you have one let me know!

Thanks

996 Tequipment Roll bar

I'm currently running one of these in Silver and am looking to sell it and weld in a full cage. PM me.

Thanks! - Its perfect, but the cost is high, I have been quoted lower by my OPC for a new one.

Am beginning to think that a new Safety Devices bolt in cage, that is a true cage not a harness bar, for £600 may be the way to go. - Particularly as I am after function not form.

Its going to be a winter project so I have a little time to procrastinate :?

Hi Crash, when I was looking for one about 4 years ago I got quoted about £1k from OPC but wasn't sure if they'd gone up since then. It's a lovely piece of kit.

Gunscrossed, here's mine....

Thank you :thumb: Strictly speaking that's a LHD cage though? I'm not sure they even make a RHD one?
Was it difficult to fit?

They're about £1332 + VAT before any discount afaik.

Your correct in that the triangulation protects the passenger more than the driver in a RHD car, they are all like this, there is not a RHD version.

There is always discounts to be had at OPC's :bandit:

Gunscrossed,

There was a guide on youtube showing how to fit the cage, I'd heard a few nightmare stories abut fitting the cage, smashing the wind screen, getting it jammed etc. But I won't lie, I found it an absolute piece of cake.

You need to use a Dremel, or something to that affect to cut out a little section of plastic under the carpet just in front of the lower seatbelt bolt so the cage isn't under any pressure. Then Mine just slid straight in and stood up no problem at all. It's worth removing the rear view mirror too.

With the Recaro's in when the seat is fully back on the runners, the seat does rub on one of the rubber rings. So once click forward and it's fine. (I'm 6' 5") But would be more helpful if it was the other way round. They do the cage without the diagonal cross bar

Craig

The Tecquipment one is more of a harness bar than a cage, as it just picks up on the seatbelt mounting points. The following shots show the Safety Devices mount points, just rested in place at the moment in my C4

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back