Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

MaxA said:
This week I have mostly been buying tickets to track days and events, and booking the car in for springs and camber plates...

Which track days are you doing max?

Sunshine had an MOT, Dialogue bay session and an undercarriage inspection before the Spa road trip. MOT fine despite the carbon lettered number plates. Couple of rusty turbo/exhaust nuts that need doing but the undercarriage is not showing it's age in any way :thumb:

One small coolant hose being done under warranty which is great to have caught before high speed Runs in europe.

Oh and the small remainder of one northern pheasant removed from the front air intake with a special tool.....flexisocket and brush...eeewww!

Attachments

• 79497e06_ba5f_4601_be31_bbfbcceeb4f0_212.jpeg
    79497e06_ba5f_4601_be31_bbfbcceeb4f0_212.jpeg
    813.6 KB · Views: 3,441
  • 4ab89095_9637_462e_9d49_5b0c42c5c4c8_406.jpeg
    4ab89095_9637_462e_9d49_5b0c42c5c4c8_406.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,441
hope mine looks that clean next time I see under it :grin: :grin: :thumb:

was it a Northern pheasant or northern peasant you found the remains of as one might be a bit harder to explain than the other :floor: :floor: :floor:

G2 said:
MaxA said:
This week I have mostly been buying tickets to track days and events, and booking the car in for springs and camber plates...

Which track days are you doing max?

Thanks for asking. I have joined the Porsche Club Finland, which seems especially vibrant, so I have a track day/drivers ed (since I'm a newbie to the club) at Pesà¤mà¤ki on the 19th May and I bought tickets to the three day Porsche Club Festival at Alastaro on 24-25-26 August (which includes open track sessions on days 1 and 2 and a full tracl day on day 3). I'm also planning to take in an event in Tallinn with Porsche Eesti Clubi (Estonia) in June.

It would be good to see a chapter of 'Club 911uk', but somehow I don't think it's very likely...

I'm also booked for trackdays at Ahvenisto and Knutstorp (Sweden) with my other car/other club. (Unlike Magnus Walker, Porsche is not my only passion.) I didn't have any opportunities to drive at the track at all last summer, so I'm trying to make up for it. :thumb:

MaxA said:
It would be good to see a chapter of 'Club 911uk', but somehow I don't think it's very likely...

Agree unlikely but not impossible :thumb: can you start a thread with pictures when you go to 2018 events. Might be a good way to look at something in 2019.

Rough plan use the freight ferry Immingham-Gothenburg (via Brevik I think) 26 hrs (could actually ship the cars as that ferry takes automotive transporters and fly to Gothenburg to meet them). Then it looks like 1000miles coast around Gulf of Bothnia if my use of google maps is right. That's about the same as 'driving" to Monaco for those in the midlands and above.

Again unlikely...... epic planning required...but not impossible.

I'll have an initial word with Longers/FasttrackTous about it in Monaco as he may be able to help and there's a good fella who we know in logistics/freight as well.

If you really want to drive here, your best bet is either the 'southern route' with a cross channel ferry to say Hook of Holland, then across and up through The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark (overnight in Copenhagen), then across Sweden and the cruiseferry to Helsinki, or the more northerly route with a ferry (as you say) to Gothenberg, but it's an easy run to Stockholm from there (5 hours?), and the overnight ferries (either Silja Line or Viking Line) that sail across the Gulf of Bothnia are great fun. Not crappy channel ferries at all. We do it the other way round regularly: this how we get to Knutstorp in the south of Sweden.

You really do not want to drive all the way round to cross the border at Tornio/Haaparanda as (a) it's a seriously long way and (b) many of the roads are only 80kmh (and some are 100kmh) with no motorway.

Alternatively, stick the car on the ro-ro vessel which runs from Harwich to Hanko in Finland (which is how for example JLR product gets here), and fly over to meet it.

The really adventurous route is overland, through France, Benelux, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, with a quick Tallink, Eckerà¶, or Viking Line ferry (two hours) from Tallinn to Helsinki. Although this might be more challenging to explain to your Insurance company....

Whichever way you come, you're welcome. I'll put the sauna on, and there's cold beer in the fridge.

Bank 2 Sensor 2 Lambda Sensor. I keep getting an intermittent P0159 ECM light

Attachments

• img_0822_208.jpg
    img_0822_208.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 3,129
Brought a new numberplate for the 997.2 from Click4reg for £700 to be told 4 days later that the plate is no longer for sale. Quick to take the money, slow to tell you its sold. Brilliant.

Big spender this week: I popped into the OPC and picked up some factory coolant (an airlock seems to have worked itself out), a bottle of Mobil1 (since I was there), with a little velcro'd cover for the froot, and two tiny little black plastic covers (for the windscreen wiper bolts) which took flight sometime over the winter. I'll glue them back on, this time with Loctite.

So, nearly ready for Pesamà¤ki tomorrow.

New discs and pads

Attachments

• new_discs_160.jpg
    new_discs_160.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,064
I bought my 997 an American sister

Attachments

• img_0641_copy_150.jpg
    img_0641_copy_150.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,167
DSC sports controller was actually purchased in February but I have just been waiting for it to be brought over from the states by a friend, so that can now be fitted and he got back this week. Also just bought various marine grade stainless / titanium bolts and fixings to swap out while completing my planned mods list which I will start over the weekend once I get my car back from it's service. Oem gaskets so i can get my x51 headers on with top gear cats and tandem pump o ring for my ACP tandem pump cover. Going to be a busy boy! :D

Attachments

• 20180525_171515_151.jpg
    20180525_171515_151.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 4,044

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back