Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Glasgow: Used Sales AVOID!!

Every OPC is different in the standards of the 111 point inspection ..

Example .. dealers move cars around as a customer say in the south wants a certain spec that a dealer in the north has .. on inspection its found to have items that we were not happy with so were recified and the cost was passed onto the supplying dealer .. the other way would also be true .

Trackers are a pain at best , we didnt check them on a 111 point check so its after the customer has bought the car and tryed to activate it that the problem arrises .. yup .. its not the best practise and perhaps some dealers did go through the process .. it would be sorted under warrenty .

At the end of the day a mechanic has 1.5 hours to do the 111 point check .. best if i dont mention bonus here .

I dont understand the pads / control arm .. pads should be no less than 50 % worn to pass a 111 check .. normally replaced with discs as well .. perhaps a noise ?

Calibration so PDK .. again its not and cant be checked at an inspection .. 2 mile road test was pretty much the norm for my old OPC .. not going to fault a gearbox in that time .

I didnt quite understand your post so answered as best as .. im happy to go through any of it again if you want .. bear in mind though ive been out of the network for over 3 years now .. things might have changed .. or slipped shall we say :D

My mistake Demort it was front disks that were changed after its inspection as well as the control arm, This was after I had bought the car and it was available for sale on the forecourt. The disks were obvious by looking .

Fully accept that the gearbox wouldn't be picked up until used properly.

I just did the 111 Check and 2 Warranty dance with OPC Chester, I have to admit I wasn't expecting much help or delivery but they were more than excellent.
Yes it cost me a lot of money but I got what I wanted at a price I think was fair ( by Porsche standards ) and the Service Team could not have been more helpful, transparent and kept me informed. I even got a red Porsche toy for my Office as a freeby :D

Having said all this, I'm appalled at OPC Glasgow and their behaviour but I wouldn't let that put you off the OPC network they have a place especially if like me you haven't lifted a spanner in 10 years :pc:

I try to stick up for OPC,s and Indys here .. a lone voice i know :D

I have no problem with OPC , i spent 10 happy years at one , well 9 and 1 not so as things changed .

We do our best but i also realise since joining here that not all Garages are equal :(

I also know when to question what garages do these days .. something i have again learned since joining .

Glasgow .. i think they are Sytner .. my old OPC was .

Re Marvin hagler

When they came back with the higher revised price you should have hit them back with an even lower offer and worked back to your original offer.sometimes I think these dealers like to play games!
If I agree to sell something to someone I don't go back to them and tell them it's now gone up in price..... you don't sell things when you do this. The difficulty in it is if you looked at it agreed a price then someone else looks at it and dealer gets a better hit they're going to ask you for more money or sell it to other buyer anyway.in my book that's good business but terrible customer service and so if your going to be treated like that at the buying stage dread to think what the rest of the experience would be like?

I'm not sure I get why higher prep costs would change the price. Price follows condition, so it would appear they had mistakenly over-priced the car initially, as upon inspection they found it needed some work doing :dont know:

Sharp practice with some sales personnel, when they know you are not going to agree there and then, is to give you a lower price to think about. When you have convinced yourself that you want the car they find a reason to increase the cost and, or, lower any trade in value. Mind games.

You should try Porsche Hatfield. If you don't buy a car they run around telling their "good customers" ie the ones that bung them that you can't afford the car - strangest OPC out there by a country mile. :rulez:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back