Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mileage Warriors

Ishay said:
I thought that was going to be a story about selling your wife to raise the money to buy the car. I thought this is taking a dark turn and a new take on man maths.

I am reminded of the restaurant scene in The Blues Brothers, in which Jake (John Belushi) turns around to the guy at the next table and shouts: "sell me your women, I want to buy your women!".

Ishay, I have no plans to sell my wife. I'm pretty sure that any kind of newer model with less mileage is going to cost me a great deal more, for pretty much the same package, only slighter 'better' maybe. :wink:

Another benefit of a higher mileage car is you can ditch the runaround, use the 911 every day and buy the wife something better out of the money you saved from the 911 so she's happy.

Worked for me.

2_dive.jpg

MaxA said:
Ishay said:
I thought that was going to be a story about selling your wife to raise the money to buy the car. I thought this is taking a dark turn and a new take on man maths.

I am reminded of the restaurant scene in The Blues Brothers, in which Jake (John Belushi) turns around to the guy at the next table and shouts: "sell me your women, I want to buy your women!".

Ishay, I have no plans to sell my wife. I'm pretty sure that any kind of newer model with less mileage is going to cost me a great deal more, for pretty much the same package, only slighter 'better' maybe. :wink:

Max are you sure as I can let you have 3 camels ,2 goats ,200 marboro and a case of red wine , now surely you must be tempted :grin: :grin: :grin: and I wont even ask for a PPI and borescope :floor: :floor:

Les said:
Another benefit of a higher mileage car is you can ditch the runaround, use the 911 every day and buy the wife something better out of the money you saved from the 911 so she's happy.

Worked for me.

2_dive.jpg

Les liking your style :grin: :grin: man maths at its finest :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:
Ishay said:

Max are you sure as I can let you have 3 camels ,2 goats ,200 marboro and a case of red wine , now surely you must be tempted :grin: :grin: :grin: and I wont even ask for a PPI and borescope :floor: :floor:

What is this insult? 3 camel? Peepee? 3 camel? I have no need for peepee. Boar-es-cape? What is this? No boars. I have no need for this. I am a good man. Honest man.

OK, so you my friend, but OK, now, to you my best friend, best offer, 30 camels, no goat [whoa, Phil, have you actually smelled a roast goat recently?], a box of Cohibas, and a couple of cases of your finest red wine from French. Best offer. To you my friend.

Les said:

Worked for me.

Well played, sir.

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:
Ishay said:

What is this insult? 3 camel? Peepee? 3 camel? I have no need for peepee. Boar-es-cape? What is this? No boars. I have no need for this. I am a good man. Honest man.

OK, so you my friend, but OK, now, to you my best friend, best offer, 30 camels, no goat [whoa, Phil, have you actually smelled a roast goat recently?], a box of Cohibas, and a couple of cases of your finest red wine from French. Best offer. To you my friend.

allah forgive you for trying to rob a poor man , my boy I must make you my best deal only for my very best friends would I offer such a deal or may my long dead ancestors strike me down. 7 of the finest camels with good breath and fine looks , two flaggons of the sweetest french grape, and a half box of cohibas. but I am hoping your trade also has fine looks and good breath if not then we must replace the grape and cohibas with a goat to the trade may complete. :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

murph7355 said:
Possibly an unwelcome oft repeated topic (I did search!) so happy to take pelters...

Who has the most mileage on their 997 (esp gen2) and how well do they stand it?

I've looked closely at a 70k+ mile car and it looked rock solid (save for cosmetic issues)... But didn't drive it.

Also, what mileage break points do you think impact values and by how much (assuming "condition" is equal)? 20k mile chunks? Thoughts on cars that are over 60k miles? (Especially spongebob!).

I'm not bothered from a milometer perspective especially - whatever I buy will get used without a further eye on resale. But don't want to over pay so am curious as to whether my targets are reasonable :)

Flame away :D

Ignore these pages with advice from madmen, use the 30k barrier for any 997, after that the PDK is probably doomed, if bore scoring hasn't already finished the engine. To summarise over 60k deduct 75% from normal retail :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
murph7355 said:
Possibly an unwelcome oft repeated topic (I did search!) so happy to take pelters...

Who has the most mileage on their 997 (esp gen2) and how well do they stand it?

I've looked closely at a 70k+ mile car and it looked rock solid (save for cosmetic issues)... But didn't drive it.

Also, what mileage break points do you think impact values and by how much (assuming "condition" is equal)? 20k mile chunks? Thoughts on cars that are over 60k miles? (Especially spongebob!).

I'm not bothered from a milometer perspective especially - whatever I buy will get used without a further eye on resale. But don't want to over pay so am curious as to whether my targets are reasonable :)

Flame away :D

Ignore these pages with advice from madmen, use the 30k barrier for any 997, after that the PDK is probably doomed, if bore scoring hasn't already finished the engine. To summarise over 60k deduct 75% from normal retail :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

I would never sell my wife for a car, never.... the kids well that's a different matter, especially the ginger one I could get a new GT3 based on the Chinese market - pale ginger kids are very fashionable in Shanghai :hand:

Main Force Patrol said:
I would never sell my wife for a car, never.... the kids well that's a different matter, especially the ginger one I could get a new GT3 based on the Chinese market - pale ginger kids are very fashionable in Shanghai :hand:

:floor: :floor: :floor: isnt the ginger one getting married in Windsor today :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Main Force Patrol said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: isnt the ginger one getting married in Windsor today :grin:

Phil almost, he is called a Harry but he is no Prince !
Optional extras include ADHD and Dyslexia, let's say he's a lovely handful :floor:

Main Force Patrol said:
Phil 997 said:
Main Force Patrol said:

Phil almost, he is called a Harry but he is no Prince !
Optional extras include ADHD and Dyslexia, let's say he's a lovely handful :floor:

mmmm ADHD and Dyslexia dont sound like PASM and sportchrono so not ideal optional extras . :grin: :grin:

I think a 911 that has been used more regularly will have less wrong with it than one thats been stood for long periods without use. Or one thats had little use but when used driven hard.

Its not necessarily about OPC servicing etc. Just a well looked after car, even just receipts for components replaced by the owner would be a good selling point to me. A car thats been in the hands of an enthusiast is much more desirable.

It's like spotting paint defects when it comes to higher end sports cars, Because of the people that own them. Most have had a fair bit of paint over the years - to keep them looking tip top. We all have our front ends repainted because of stone chips :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back