Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone done a DIY cab roof install?

:bow: well done Alex. Bloody brilliant!

I have a sneaky feeling the bracket was cracked and the super strung soft top finished it off. Better to happen now than on my hols 1100 mile away.

Stuff me young man .. that is unlucky ..

I bear in mind the age of these cars and things do happen that ive never seen before .. this being one of them .

My feeling as is yours i expect is that it was already " worn " and the stress of the new roof was too much for it .. cant really think of anything else as its only the roof fabric that puts pressure on it .

As usual though .. hell of a good fix . :thumb:

@ jotaking .. bless you but i do it for the love !! and the occasional nice comment :D

EDIT ..

Just a thought .. the cables on the rear section ( ones you unclip to lift the rear screen ) they are adjustable , 13mm bolt , .... perhaps slacken them right off .. i had to do that on a Boxster when i couldn,t get the new roof to shut .

Length of those cables seem fine and everything now seems fine. You know when I fit those guides on upside down - I checked one of those out last night and it was bent. Don't know if this happened when I fit them upside down and also if when it jammed it did some damage then. Anyway, all sorted now so just waiting for the next hiccup :grin:

I'm just lucky I have my own Engineering shop.

alex yates said:
I have a sneaky feeling the bracket was cracked and the super strung soft top finished it off. Better to happen now than on my hols 1100 mile away.

Sounds about right. Great fix and great attitude towards it too :salut:

Osh was waxing lyrical about your engineering skill on our recent Euro hoon and his super slick S/S kit :thumbs:

Thanks Paul. Glad to hear - I'm still loving mine at the moment, just getting hacked off with not being able to supply some more at this moment in time.

......and thank you to Osh too! :thumbs:

Hi Alex

been really buys this week at work and just dipping in and out of this thread; well done on fixing the problem m8 - if it was my i'd said oh f@@k it and gone the pub! :thumb: :worship:

Osh

I did!

zNCm1gO.jpg

I had to keep my shades on so folk didn't see me cryin'

Had a look at Alexes new roof job at our meet up on Saturday & lovely job done, reckon it saved you a grand & added at least a grand to your cars value
Top job Alex, a lot of people would have fussed that up.

alex yates said:

Is that a syrup...?? :dont know: :dont know:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Osh
(Alex - just pulling your chain m8 - not being serious....)

Au naturale mate.....au naturale.

Beer is Mahou.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back