Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear and front bumper question

Exelzion

Hi I'm just wondering would the 996 turbo front bumper and rear bumper fit the 02 carerra 4? I know it fits the 4s widebody but will it fit the c4? If not, Is there any adaptions that can be done , or anyone with any experience who has tried it ? Thanks guys

Design 911 used to sell a 'turbo style' front bumper :thumb:

Rear one won't unless you widen the bodywork on the rear.

I've looked into his for the future, front will fit straight on but you need to cut the ends of the front impact bar so they don't show through the grills.

The rear needs cutting and narrowing, any decent body shop can do it but it's not cheap as its labour intensive

You would need to change the rear lights as well and they aren't cheap.

Just fitted a turbo/c4s to my C4 Cab.
In addition to the bumper, you need the Turbo/C4S front wheel liners (they are vented and different shape to the standard 996 which marry up with the centre radiator lower ducting (also required) as well as all the fixings.
I have part numbers if required.

Attachments

• 32488058_584322785266511_3282638762688905216_n_102.jpg
    32488058_584322785266511_3282638762688905216_n_102.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,935
Thanks going to buy a 996 front turbo bumper today for 500 so any help part numbers would be great Fitting to my 996 c4 2002

Stuart Mackay said:
In addition to the bumper, you need the Turbo/C4S front wheel liners (they are vented and different shape to the standard 996 which marry up with the centre radiator lower ducting (also required) as well as all the fixings.

Saw this car on FB :thumbs:

You do valeting, that correct :dont know:

Unless someone has nicked your photos that is :grin:

:thumb:

Stuart Mackay said:

Part numbers would be brilliant !!! Thanks a lot

HSC911 said:
Stuart Mackay said:

Saw this car on FB :thumbs:

You do valeting, that correct :dont know:

Unless someone has nicked your photos that is :grin:

:thumb:

I can clean a car ok, but relied on Harry Morton to mop the car and wax it the other evening.

He does a great job at very reasonable prices. He is based in Norfolk and can be conatcted here:

https://www.facebook.com/MPvalet/po...44829101&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&ref=notif

Re part nos, suggest you phone Saffron Hill at Porsche Colchester and she can supply everything you need:

The turbo/C4s wheel liners are

@ £76.44 + VAT each

Dont let them send you the .03 parts , they are for the C2 & C4 !

The centre rad air duct is 996.575.161 @ £57.22 + VAT

Probably best to get some more expanding rivets and self tapping torx screws too as they will be eithe missing/rusty or break when you try and get them out.

The liner rivet holes dont line up with the C2 or C4 rad brackets in the wheel well, so you will either have to replace rads and mounts or drill the liners to suit the existing brackets.

Reassemble with lots of waxoyl to keep corrosion in the area at bay.

Thanks so much mate I'll be doing that after my new exhaust in few weeks, thanks again brilliant :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back