Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where are you heading this summer with your 993?

Great looking car.

Amongst other trips I'm taking my brother to the Silverstone Classic and we are doing the classic run on the Saturday. His surprise 50th present is driving the car on the parade lap round the GP circuit on the Sunday!

Just need my car back now...

OP that looks stunning!!!

I've got a few trips planned so far (albeit not all long ones).

Off to Antwerp for the late May bank holiday (popping in to see Gert on the way...vid to follow hopefully)
Then Champagne region in June (a little village called Mareuil sur Ay), then on to Norfolk for a wedding and staying in Blighty for a week or so.
Rounding off the summer with a charity rally to Monaco which should be a blast too.

Normski298 said:
Cheers! All original - I got very lucky with this purchase.

Is this GT4's old 993 :dont know:

Normski298 said:
ch3tman said:
Incidentally, and given the space savers in our cars are probably many years past their best, what do you carry to address the prospect of a puncture? Tyreweld? ..or...? :?:
Can of tyre weld and my lucky driving pants.
Thanks, thought as much! Was hoping there was a better alternative...

Zingari said:
Normski298 said:
Cheers! All original - I got very lucky with this purchase.

Is this GT4's old 993 :dont know:

This is the original number plate - previous owner was a Mr Nip. Number plate was PRN 1P. Spent the past 15+ years in the Solihull area

ch3tman said:
Normski298 said:
ch3tman said:
Incidentally, and given the space savers in our cars are probably many years past their best, what do you carry to address the prospect of a puncture? Tyreweld? ..or...? :?:
Can of tyre weld and my lucky driving pants.
Thanks, thought as much! Was hoping there was a better alternative...

I have got a set of spare wheels - I squeezed one in the back last year as it was a 2k+ mile trip, but then decided not to and took it out.

tyinsky said:
Nowhere. Engine being stripped down and rebuilt to 3.8 :mechanic:

***** a duck. Is that with the OEM parts from Porsche?

wozy said:
tyinsky said:

Mahle 3.8 pistons, leaving the cams as standard, upgrading stuff like bolts.

Engine is still running well and feels strong but is wet with oil from all the usual places. Trying to solve a recent ignition firing issue (which turned out to be a dodgy wire) revealed not great leak down on #5 so it is getting done now instead of waiting for the inevitable. :)

You'll like the extra slug of torque from the 3.8.

If the bottom of my engine was worn, I would have gone down that route. I quite like the feel of an engine coming on cam though, so will probably just do a top end on mine with a RS cam and bigger valves.

tyinsky said:
wozy said:
tyinsky said:

Mahle 3.8 pistons, leaving the cams as standard, upgrading stuff like bolts.

Engine is still running well and feels strong but is wet with oil from all the usual places. Trying to solve a recent ignition firing issue (which turned out to be a dodgy wire) revealed not great leak down on #5 so it is getting done now instead of waiting for the inevitable. :)

Where's the cigar smoking emoji when you need it :D :grin:

Sutton said:

If the bottom of my engine was worn, I would have gone down that route. I quite like the feel of an engine coming on cam though, so will probably just do a top end on mine with a RS cam and bigger valves.

Hopefully it will be noticeable. Expecting it back early September and will take it straight out on a road trip through either Wales or Scotland. :thumb:

tyinsky said:
Sutton said:

Hopefully it will be noticeable. Expecting it back early September and will take it straight out on a road trip through either Wales or Scotland. :thumb:

Nah. Jump on a ferry and head for the beautiful empty roads of France and Spain :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back