Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

18" Fuchs Fitment

I'd love to post an update about how the wheels fit and ride but the truth is I'm still waiting for the wheels to arrive :what:
I've been in contact with Design911 on numerous occasions regarding updates but they keep telling me the Fuchs factory in Germany keep delaying delivery times due to production issues.

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered Fuchs wheels in the last few months and how long you've been told they would take to arrive?

Ozzyz said:
I'd love to post an update about how the wheels fit and ride but the truth is I'm still waiting for the wheels to arrive :what:
I've been in contact with Design911 on numerous occasions regarding updates but they keep telling me the Fuchs factory in Germany keep delaying delivery times due to production issues.

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered Fuchs wheels in the last few months and how long you've been told they would take to arrive?

Might be worth asking them to put you in contact with the Fuchs representative, so you can talk to them direct.

For those of you that are running 10" rear wheels what was your target ET? For a narrow body car.

I have a pair of 10" Speedlines that I am looking to fit and need to work out what size spacer I need, ET of the wheels is 56 so I was planning on a 10mm to get to 46, but I see most are using 15-18mm spacer? :dont know:

Well after a long wait the wheels finally landed in the UK and I took them straight to RPM Technik as my car was already with them having a major service.
After a few test fits and drives they got the car set up to a height they were happy with and that was safe for normal road driving.
The car was previously set to RS height and geo settings so if left as it was with the new wheels there was a serious case of arch rubbing and uneven tyre wear.
The 18mm H&R spacers on the rear just about cleared the the oil pipe by a fingers width, extremely close!

So with the suspension raised a touch and new geo done overall I'm very happy with the look and drive.
:thumbs:

Attachments

• img_1802_210.jpg
    img_1802_210.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9,462
  • img_1805_207.jpg
    img_1805_207.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9,462
  • img_1817_600.jpg
    img_1817_600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9,462
Very nice, yours looks as if its sitting a tad higher than mine. Would be nice to do a side by side comparison to see how each feels on the road.

Mondrian said:
Very nice, yours looks as if its sitting a tad higher than mine. Would be nice to do a side by side comparison to see how each feels on the road.

Thanks Mondrian, yes if I'm honest i would of liked it to sit a tad lower :bandit:
Yes it would be interesting to compare the cars and see how they drive,
any excuse to get out for a blast :)

Ozzyz that looks great, height looks spot on to me for the bumpy roads and potholes in the North East.

Looks the dogs! :thumb:

Hi Ozzy,

Looks good :thumb:

I'm assuming you got 7mm's for the fronts?

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Ozzy,

Looks good :thumb:

I'm assuming you got 7mm's for the fronts?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul
No spacers on the fronts, they seem to clear the brakes fine and doesn't appear to rub since the ride height has been raised. The turning circle is pretty awful though :grin:

Hi Ozzy,

Interesting. How are you getting on with the drivability, are you having to wrestle it? :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Ozzy,

Interesting. How are you getting on with the drivability, are you having to wrestle it? :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

It's not too bad really, as long as I don't have to perform too many 3 point turns it's all good! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back