Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is this switch for?

Some good suggestions to consider but funny enough I have just been looking at you tube how to fit a I simple FM Modulator to allow Bluetooth through your radio and part of the kit is that exact switch and its in the right location.

The switch is a generic one commonly used .. heated seats and alarm systems are 2 i can think of.

It can be a valet switch for the aftermarket alarm system which is used when cars go in for a service .. stops auto arming or may switch off certain alarm functions .

I had one mounted on the batwing. Mine turned out to be linked to aftermarket front parking sensors that had been disconnected but not removed.

I think its the totty button for those "ooops we ran out of fuel on the first date " occations :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I have this switch too and in the off position you cannot start the engine. I use it as added security!!

You just have to remember that you've used it when the car doesn't start in the morning :?:

Has anybody heard from Moodytunes since he found the switch lets hope it wasn't a self destruct button.
come on Moodytunes let us know your safe and well and tell us what its for.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back