Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

headlamp out to change brakes?

jibm

hi all

I'm having a brake fluid change and some braided hoses fitted to my C2S the car went in on Friday, should have been back the same day. however, the garage called me to say that front two brake pipes where the braided ones meet on the car side needed changing as the unions are old and corroded so they need to fit new genuine pipes, which is understandable. I'm told my car will be ready Monday. Monday come and the pipe's arrived late so not ready.

I happen to be passing this morning, so I pop in to take my service book in to get them to stamp the brake fluid change etc.

When I get there I see my car with the wheels on sitting on the ground and it got the NSF headlamp out!......so my question is, is there any reason to remove the headlamp to change the pipes? Which has made me quite suspicious that perhaps they have broken it?

I'm quite mechanically minded and if it wasn't for lack of time I would have probably done the job myself, and I can't think why the headlamp would come out!

Has anyone done this job? And need to take it out?

Thanks in advance

You can see it here, right above the arrow for the trunk release cable with the 2x front black brake lines coming out. The one (or two if PASM) for the rear go up around the top of the arch.

2014-03-08_202623_911_trunk_access.jpg

Here it is shown from the headlight side.

MC

Not wishing to be rude here but there does seem to be a lack of trust between you and the garage .. its always best to ask them . if you get an answer you dont like then please ask here but from my own experence then the bond of trust is essential to a working relationship and dealing with the garage first is paramount.

i only say this as i work in the trade on these and if your not sure of what a garage is upto and are not sure / happy with them then see what others are in your area ... build up a trust factor .. we are not all bad !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back