Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where are you heading this summer with your 993?

Normski298

Good evening.

Haven't really introduced myself properly - I'm a bit of a lurker when it comes to forums....

This is my 993 C4 in schwarz perl with hardback sports seats I bought last October. 43k on the clock. This is my 3rd 993 having owned a Guards red C2 non variorum and a Midnight Blue Targa tip.

So far I have done the following ready for the summer:

Remap by Wayne Schofield
Refurbed the hollow spoke turbo twists
3 spoke leather steering wheel (refurbed by Royal Steering Wheels) & leather airbag.
Becker Cascade with Bluetooth audio; nice Genesis amp already installed by previous owner.
New pads & discs all round
New Cargraphic mufflers & Dansk tips
Front strut brace
Centre Gravity Health check with new front bushes & Geo set-up last week.

Only other things planned this year:

FD Motorsports golden rod to firm up the gear change
Some paint correction to front & rear bumpers & scuttle

I like an annual trip to Europe - off to France this Friday visiting Le Mans, Gorges de la Bourn, Route Napoleon, Verdon Gorge,Cannes, Col du Torini and back via Millau Bridge and Gorge du Tarn, Limoges and back to Roscoff - all in about 10 days.

Did all the major Alpine passes last year and looking for ideas for future trips.

So where are you heading out this year?

Attachments

• img_3207_180.jpg
    img_3207_180.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 4,743
  • img_5399_151.jpg
    img_5399_151.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 4,741
  • img_3996_212.jpg
    img_3996_212.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 4,741
  • img_3690_204.jpg
    img_3690_204.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 4,741
Great post.

I took mine to Dinslaken two weeks ago, with Phil997 and about 10 other 997s. My 128k mileage 993 kept up and handled the trip well.

Not sure what the rest of the summer has in store for the 993

Your car looks great!
Some very tasteful improvements, and your interior especially looks super clean and tidy :thumbs:.

Normski298 said:
I like an annual trip to Europe - off to France this Friday visiting Le Mans, Gorges de la Bourn, Route Napoleon, Verdon Gorge,Cannes, Col du Torini and back via Millau Bridge and Gorge du Tarn, Limoges and back to Roscoff - all in about 10 days.

Did all the major Alpine passes last year and looking for ideas for future trips.
We loved N85/Route Napoléon! Would like to experience the B500 in Germany and Silvretta-HochalpenstraàŸe & GroàŸglockner-HochalpenstraàŸe in Austria this year. The Spanish Pyrenees also get glowing reviews, so they too are on the wish-list.

Incidentally, and given the space savers in our cars are probably many years past their best, what do you carry to address the prospect of a puncture? Tyreweld? ..or...? :?:

Black/Black is always a winner on a Sports Car and yours looks super clean with its barely run in 43k on the clock. :thumb:

European trip reads like fun. Be sure and post some pics when you get chance and safe driving.

C.

I'm off to Volterre in Tuscany in mine end of July.

Mines covered 143K miles, so yours really is only just past running in stage. :)

With such low mileage, I'm so glad your using it rather than it being a garage queen.

:congrats:

Lovely car, great plans to use it. :thumbs:

Lovely looking car, congrats!

This summer I will mainly be heading to Silverstone Classic!

This summer my car will be heading Southbound........for a new interior, which will hopefully look as good as yours OP.

This summer i'm going to drive the tits off mine and maybe squeeze in a Distributor rebuild and Wayne Schofield re-map. :bandit:

C.

LM24, Silverstone Classic then probably South of France.

ch3tman said:
Your car looks great!
Some very tasteful improvements, and your interior especially looks super clean and tidy :thumbs:.

Normski298 said:

We loved N85/Route Napoléon! Would like to experience the B500 in Germany and Silvretta-HochalpenstraàŸe & GroàŸglockner-HochalpenstraàŸe in Austria this year. The Spanish Pyrenees also get glowing reviews, so they too are on the wish-list.

Incidentally, and given the space savers in our cars are probably many years past their best, what do you carry to address the prospect of a puncture? Tyreweld? ..or...? :?:

Can of tyre weld and my lucky driving pants.

madge said:
This summer my car will be heading Southbound........for a new interior, which will hopefully look as good as yours OP.

Cheers! All original - I got very lucky with this purchase.

cableguy said:
This summer i'm going to drive the tits off mine and maybe squeeze in a Distributor rebuild and Wayne Schofield re-map. :bandit:

C.

Thoroughly recommend the remap

Normski298 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Thoroughly recommend the remap

Yes, read nothing but positive experiences. Think i'll refurb the dizzy and maybe add some 200cell cats before I book in. :thumb:

C.

I'll be driving mine to work - everyday :thumbs:

Car looks great Normski - good luck keeping it clean.....best 993 colour ever !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back