Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre Console Query

bullet7

The cubby box lid on my car won't stay shut, even if slammed, does anyone know if the catch is adjustable or is it a replacement lock?

looks to me like no. 20 here ..

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=3&MDL=25&TBL=2663&SMA=&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Try useing a screwdriver to lock it , if it doesnt work with that then a new lock i suspect .. if not perhaps the hook isnt going down far enough .. cant remember if theres any rubber bungs on the 996 cubby lid .. there are on a 997 .

Either way unless the lock is loose ( and its worth checking that ) theres not an adjustment that i remember seeing im afraid ... but i now need to look at one to check .. sigh .. another thing on my list of to do's :D

Cheers Demort. It only started yesterday and I didn't get a chance to have a proper look at it. I wondered if it was a common problem, but I guess not. Only way I'll find out is to take it off the console.

I had a similar thing with the ash tray lid. Had a good look at mechanism and it was partly worn but mostly dirty. Good clean up and carefully applied lubrication (silicon grease with cocktail stick) and all works well.

Ian

Thanks both for your input. I think I will have a really close look at it this weekend. Could be just clogged as you suggest Ian.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back