Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How blue is metropole blue leather?

MaxA said:
what colour is the exterior of the car in question?
Aqua.

A colour I'm not sure suits the 911 from the pictures I've seen, BUT one thing I have noticed is that it looks very different from one picture to the next. So seeing it up close is probably needed.

This may sound as though I'm mad ,
BUT
I find that an ocean blue interior on a Midnight Blue car looks darker than the same interior on an Arctic Silver car.

on the silver car the blue looks paler than it does on a darker colour car

My car is Atlas Grey with Ocean Blue leather, which I thought would look a bit odd but in actual fact the exterior colour looks almost petrol blue when it's polished so is quite a good match. Mine also has black mats, which helps break up the interior. All my previous Porsche's have had black leather so I was looking for a change.

I also agree that Ocean Blue looks different on darker cars. :?:

My old ocean blue interior 👍

Attachments

• 3168f45d_7f3f_4c03_a462_82ef6ff8036a_971.jpeg
    3168f45d_7f3f_4c03_a462_82ef6ff8036a_971.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3,338
  • 2bdec7dd_5cdb_42c8_8c3b_fd3c3b8fe0de_135.jpeg
    2bdec7dd_5cdb_42c8_8c3b_fd3c3b8fe0de_135.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 3,338
murph7355 said:
silvermilnec said:
My old ocean blue interior 👍
Looks fine in that photo :)

Was the centre console body colour? Is that Cobalt or Aqua?
it was body colour but I think it was midnight and from factory 👍

murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

A colour I'm not sure suits the 911 from the pictures I've seen, BUT one thing I have noticed is that it looks very different from one picture to the next. So seeing it up close is probably needed.

I hate blue cars, but I would buy an Aqua, it suits the 997 perfectly :thumb: Particulary the 997 GTS

spongebob squarepants said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

I hate blue cars, but I would buy an Aqua, it suits the 997 perfectly :thumb: Particulary the 997 GTS

How can you not love Aqua it was the GT3RS launch colour :thumb: I may be biased :grin:

Blue is the new black :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_2466_195.jpg
    img_2466_195.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,877
  • img_2443_206.jpg
    img_2443_206.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,877
  • img_2467_288.jpg
    img_2467_288.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,877
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

How can you not love Aqua it was the GT3RS launch colour :thumb: I may be biased :grin:

And there it is looking different again! :)

OH isn't so keen. Not that this really matters....apparently it doesn't look like a Porsche and that black or silver are the way forward.

murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

OH isn't so keen. Not that this really matters....apparently it doesn't look like a Porsche and that black or silver are the way forward.

You must remember that many Porsche owners wear sandals with socks just because they do doesnt mean its right :floor: Black and Silver are safe 911 colours but the 911 has always had some loud and bright options as well for those that dont do safe :grin: :thumb: there are also many men that think they look good in a grey suit :floor:

Are the front three all Aqua?

(Don't knock grey suits. Socks and sandals yes, but not grey suits. I'll be wearing one from time to time in the 911!).

murph7355 said:
Are the front three all Aqua?

(Don't knock grey suits. Socks and sandals yes, but not grey suits. I'll be wearing one from time to time in the 911!).

:floor: :floor: Grey Suit is ok if worn with a loud shirt :thumb:
the front car is cobalt the two behind it are Aqua the back one is midnight .

cobalt looks very similar to Aqua until you put them next to each other.

Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

You must remember that many Porsche owners wear sandals with socks just because they do doesnt mean its right :floor: Black and Silver are safe 911 colours but the 911 has always had some loud and bright options as well for those that dont do safe :grin: :thumb: there are also many men that think they look good in a grey suit :floor:

Indeed. I look good in a grey suit. Or a dark blue suit. Or even a dark blue pinstriped suit. Not so much a black suit. But you do need to wear a proper tie and black leather shoes. None of these modern dark French hues with slightly overlarge knots that match your suit. Or indeed a long bright red number ending somewhere around your ballsack (yes, you do know what I mean, Donald!).

Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

Indeed. I look good in a grey suit. Or a dark blue suit. Or even a dark blue pinstriped suit. Not so much a black suit. But you do need to wear a proper tie and black leather shoes. None of these modern dark French hues with slightly overlarge knots that match your suit. Or indeed a long bright red number ending somewhere around your ballsack (yes, you do know what I mean, Donald!).

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
Phil 997 said:
murph7355 said:
MaxA said:
Aqua.

:floor: :floor: :floor: the Donald :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back