Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Windscreen by Sigla - how to price

Fulla

Sao Paulo
Finally received my 993 after a mini refurb. As part of the work I decided to splash out on a new OE screen. This means I now have a 2nd hand OE Sigla screen available, but I am not sure at what price I should offer it for.

What does the illuminati advice?

windscreen

Free to a good home sounds about right. Just ask yourself How many people are looking for a second hand screen? If you are going to the bother of fitting a new screen why do you think somebody will want to fit a chipped,scratched screen with a knackered antenna? I am not saying yours is but you are obviously changing it because you are not happy to refit it!

The reason I changed mine is because I had a large refurb. The cost of a new screen wasn't much compared to what I have spent, having said that it was 4 figures.
My screen has no chips etc hence wanting to sell it and thought asking for advice on here. So it isn't that I wasn't happy with the screen or that it had issues, I just chose to replace it and many other items with new instead of putting the old parts on a refurbed car.

windscreen

That seems quite expensive for a screen. I paid £600 for a Pilkington which seems okay,well I can see throught it and the radio works :thumbs:

It was for the screen plus all new rubbers from Porsche. To be fair it also included the cost of the new rubbers for the rear side windows as well.

yeh I have an OE screen in a box in garage that I bought recently, comes in at about £750 iirc, rubbers are roughly £200.

My bodyshop thought removing the existing screen without damage would be difficult if not impossible, how did you remove the adhesive from the screen or have you just left that for new owner?, it's a biatch to remove.

Trev

Screen now gone to Cableguy - for free.

Paul at Glasstec removed the screen, I don't remember any rubber gunk on it. But then it does have a blue strip around it from the new screen I had fitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back