Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Tripled - Who Are You With

Jam911

Hi Guys

Just doing the annual Go Compare Insurance Quotes.

Quote from my original insurer AXA has tripled to £1500

Cheapest I can see £600 with an £850 excess

Any tips or recommendations please

Liverpool Victoria always worth a punt.

Saved approx 40% when compared to Admiral for my 2 cars.

Driveway, add older woman to policy, ltd mileage if an option for you to do so, lie, amend XS....that was a joke about fibbing :grin:

:thumb:

Aviva multicar policy has been the most competitive for me for the last two years.

LVE all the way for me.

I have a multi car policy with them, my 997 ended up costing £257 fully comp.
I did put the girlfriend on it and that helped.

Have your circumstances changed in any way?

I've just re-insured with AXA and it was within the previous years premium +/- 20 quid.

Have you tried calling them to see why it's going up so astronomically :eek:

Recently insured the X1 and 997tt for a combined £550 with Elephant. £350 excess. Only just over £200 was for the Porsche from memory

That is with no points, no accidents, 14y NCD, with my wife on there and with limited mileage too mind

Just had my Avia van renewal through at £440 up from £426.
I rang and said that I had lower quotes on the comparison sites ( i hadn't checked!) and they reduced it to £399.

This seems to be the way these days unfortunately.

Aviva and LV are the two which always gave good quotes for me

Jam911 said:
Hi Guys

Just doing the annual Go Compare Insurance Quotes.

Quote from my original insurer AXA has tripled to £1500

Cheapest I can see £600 with an £850 excess

Any tips or recommendations please

Dependant on whether you need to use your no claims or not, Classicline as this required zero no claims bonus.

Admiral multicar. very competitive* for the fleet currently numbering 5 with my son (well- *this year at least, If they extort me at renewal I'll bin `em off)

+1 for Aviva. Definitely add the wife, saves 1/3! Even better if you can add it to a van policy! I'm circa £200 with low postcode, only 1yr NC, low miles and max £1k excess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back